|Born||Anna Vanessa Hegelmaier
June 18, 1987
Stadthagen, Lower Saxony
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Dress size||36 EU/6 US|
|Manager||Place Model Management
Why Not Model Agency
IMG Models New York & Paris
Anna Vanessa Hegelmaier (born June 18, 1987) is a German fashion model, who placed ninth in the third cycle of the reality television show Germany's Next Top Model after withdrawing due to a brain concussion.
Germany's Next Topmodel
Without her knowledge, friends of Hegelmaier applied for her to be on the show. She was invited to be featured in the first episode among the top 100 and was selected to be part of the final 19 in Episode 2.
Despite her quiet personality that resulted in a lack of screen time, she started to dominate the competition when she won the very first casting for Bree handbags. Later on she was also featured in an editorial in the German issue of Cosmopolitan alongside two other contestants and Heidi Klum due to a challenge win.
In the beginning of episode 9 the remaining nine finalists where about to fly to Australia when it was announced that Hegelmaier would not be able to attend the flight due to a brain concussion. That incident took place at her home where she was staying during a break of taping for the show. One episode later, she withdrew from the competition for good placing 9th overall.
She later stated that she did not regret her participation on the show but had no intention of winning.
After GNTM Hegelmaier returned to study before getting signed with Place Models Management in Hamburg in 2009 which is her mother agency since then. She is currently signed with IMG Models in New York and Paris, Why Not Model Agency in London and D Models in Athens.
She made her runway debut during Spring/Summer 2010 shows in New York, London, Milan, and Paris walking for more than 20 different labels. During the next season she walked 30 shows, among them the presentations of Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, and Louis Vuitton.
- "Vanessa Hegelmaier". IMG Models. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Herffs, Hauke (2010-03-23). "Vanessa Hegelmaier: "Keine Träne vergossen"" [Vanessa Hegelmaier: "No tears shed"]. Gala (in German). Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Jahn, Babett (2009-04-24). "Zwischen Uni und Fotostudio" [Between university and photo studio]. Neue Westfälische (in German). Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- "Anna Vanessa Hegelmaier – das self-made Topmodel" [Anna Vanessa Hegelmaier – the self-made Topmodel]. Elle (in German). Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- "Vanessa Hegelmaier". vogue.de (in German). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Vanessa Hegelmaier". nymag.com. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Müller, Christa Catharina. "New York Fashion Week: Vanessa Hegelmaier aus Staffel 3 GNTM". vogue.de. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- "Vanessa Hegelmaier". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2011-06-19.