||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2014)|
October 14, 1983 |
New York, New York, U.S.A.
|Other names||Val, Vanesa|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)|
|Weight||94 lb (43 kg; 6.7 st)|
|No. of adult films||336 (including compilations)|
Lane grew up in upstate New York with four brothers and one sister. Her family was conservative, with only Christian and country music played in their home. Her parents encouraged her to participate in various school activities, including choir, theater, and sports. She hasn't worked in the adult industry since around 2008, though no official mention of retirement was ever made.
The day Lane turned eighteen she began working as an exotic dancer. She worked her way along the East Coast, the Gulf Coast, and finally made her way to California, where she became a feature dancer. She soon met fellow adult star Alexis Amore who introduced her to her first agent. Her first film was for Rod Fontana and Doghouse Digital. 
Lane's mainstream work includes an appearance in an episode of Dr. 90210 wherein Dr. Robert Rey refused to perform any surgical procedures on her breasts due to her smoking habit. She had said in an interview that she was interested in doing mainstream acting one day.
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Video – Vault of Whores
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best New Starlet
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best Group Sex Scene, Video – Lexie & Monique Love Rocco
- 2008 AVN Award nominee – Best Anal Sex Scene, Video – Flesh Hunter 9
- Vanessa Lane at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Vanessa Lane Biography", AVN official site. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "Vanessa Lane Smokes ‘Doctor 90210’ on E!", AVN Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- Dan Miller (2005-11-25). "2006 AVN Awards Nominations Announced". AVN.com. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "AVN Award Nominees". AVNAwards.com. Retrieved 2007-12-18.