- Of an older production company, see Vanguard Productions.
Vanguard Animation's logo
|Founder||John H. Williams
|Headquarters||West Hollywood, California, USA|
Number of locations
|John H. Williams (CEO)
Gary Chapman (Head of Prod.)
Number of employees
Vanguard Films & Animation, often named only as Vanguard Animation, is an American production studio founded in 2002 by producer John H. Williams and Neil Braun. The studio has offices in British Columbia, Canada and Ealing Studios in London, England, United Kingdom. Starz Media owns the studio's minority stake.
The studio was founded in 2002 by John H. Williams. For its launch, it signed with Disney a four-picture deal to produce sub-$40 million computer-animated films. Following year, Vanguard sold a minority stake to IDT Corporation and partnered with its animation unit, Digital Production Solutions, to co-produce and co-own all Vanguard's properties, including Valiant (2005), the first project produced for Disney.
|1||Valiant||August 19, 2005||$35,000,000||$61,746,888||31%||45%|
|2||Happily N'Ever After||January 5, 2007||$47,000,000||$38,085,778||4%||28%|
|3||Space Chimps||July 18, 2008||$37,000,000||$64,834,964||34%||36%|
|4||Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back||May 28, 2010||N/A||$4,124,518||0%||N/A|
- "IDT Media's Digital Production Solutions -DPS- Signs Joint Venture and Partnership Agreement with Vanguard Animation; DPS Also Gets First Look Rights on all Vanguard Animation Work". Business Wire. July 22, 2003. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "The Walt Disney Studios and 'Shrek' producer John Williams partner for new CG animated film output". PR Newswire. 5 September 2002. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "The Walt Disney Studios and 'Shrek' Producer John Williams Partner For New CG Animated Film Output.". The Free Library. 5 September 2002. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Bloom, David (July 22, 2003). "Vanguard sells stake, inks IDT co-prod'n deal". Variety. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|