This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Computer animation |
|Founder||John H. Williams|
Number of locations
|John H. Williams (CEO) |
Gary Chapman (Head of Prod.)
Number of employees
Vanguard Films & Animation, often named only as Vanguard Animation, is an American production studio founded in 2002 by producer John H. Williams and Neil Braun. The studio has offices in British Columbia, Canada and Ealing Studios in London, England, United Kingdom. Starz Media owns the studio's minority stake.
The studio was founded in 2002 by John H. Williams. For its launch, it signed with Ealing Studios a four-picture deal to produce sub-$40 million computer-animated films. Following year, Vanguard sold a minority stake to IDT Corporation and partnered with its animation unit, Digital Production Solutions, to co-produce and co-own all Vanguard's properties, including Valiant (2005), the first and only project produced for Disney.
|#||Title||Release date||Budget||Gross||Rotten Tomatoes||Metacritic|
|1||Valiant||March 25, 2005||$35,000,000||$61,746,888||31%||45%|
|2||Happily N'Ever After||January 5, 2007||$47,000,000||$38,085,778||4%||28%|
|3||Space Chimps||July 18, 2008||$37,000,000||$64,834,964||34%||36%|
|4||Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back||October 5, 2010||$2,500,000||$4,124,518||0%||N/A|
|5||Get Squirrely||November 4, 2016||$1,000,000||$1,224,520||N/A||N/A|
|6||Gnome Alone||October 19, 2018||$20,000,000||$10,452,737||46%||N/A|
|7||Charming||December 21, 2018||$20,000,000||$6.1 million||33%||N/A|
|8||Trouble||January 11, 2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance
- Citizen Siege - A science fiction thriller CGI-animated film that was to be co-produced by Vanguard and video game developer Oddworld Inhabitants. The plot involves an expatriate who returns home to find that he has been repossessed, in a shady underhive-like world where a corporate government rules the continent. The film was originally scheduled to release in 2009, but the date was pushed back to an unknown date. As of 2018, there have been no recent developments regarding the film's production.
- "IDT Media's Digital Production Solutions -DPS- Signs Joint Venture and Partnership Agreement with Vanguard Animation; DPS Also Gets First Look Rights on all Vanguard Animation Work". Business Wire. July 22, 2003. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "The Walt Disney Studios and 'Shrek' producer John Williams partner for new CG animated film output". PR Newswire. 5 September 2002. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "The Walt Disney Studios and 'Shrek' Producer John Williams Partner For New CG Animated Film Output". The Free Library. 5 September 2002. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Bloom, David (July 22, 2003). "Vanguard sells stake, inks IDT co-prod'n deal". Variety. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance (2001)". IMDb. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|