Vanguard Justice Society
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Vanguard Justice Society is a non-profit organization based in Baltimore, Maryland, representing the Baltimore Police Department's African American police officers. Founded in 1971, the organization's goals include:
- The promotion of Justice, Fairness and Effectiveness in Law Enforcement and the legality of action taken.
- To establish and maintain positive relations between the police and the community.
- To educate police officers so that we perform with professionalism, pride and sensitivity.
- To aid in the enlistment of qualified African Americans into the Law Enforcement profession.
- "Welcome to the official website of the Vanguard Justice Society, Inc". Archived from the original on 2008-09-15. Retrieved 2015-05-02.
- "Opening eyes, minds: Youths see a world beyond Baltimore". The Baltimore Sun. July 6, 2008.