Vanivilas Women and Children Hospital
|Vani Vilas Women and Children Hospital|
The main building of hospital
|Location||Krishnarajendra Road, Bangalore, India|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
It was built in 1935, at a cost of ₹4lakhs. It was renovated in 2002 at a cost of ₹4.2 crores.
The Vani Vilas Hospital stands on the grounds where the Fort Church and the Fort Cemetery once stood. The Land was acquired from the Church of England by the Mysore Government. Land was provided at Hardinge Road, Chamarajpet as compensation, where now stands the St. Luke's Church.
- "Vanivilas Hospital". Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Vani Vilas Hospital gets Rs. 4-cr. facelift". Bangalore. The Hindu. May 28, 2002. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- TS, Ranganna (August 31, 2000). "Vani Vilas Hospital, one of 11 AIDS control centres". Bangalore. The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "History". St. Luke's Church, Chamarajpet, Bangalore. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "St Luke's Church, Bangalore Photo Gallery". Trip2Blr.com. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Dhanraj, Anik Luke; Isaac, Rabindran; Mercy (31 October 2010). Fortified revival. Bangalore: St. Luke's Church. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "How Shivaji became Rajinikanth". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 4 October 2014.