Vanna Thamizh Pattu
|Vanna Thamizh Paatu|
|Directed by||P. Vasu|
|Produced by||M. Krishnaswamy|
|Written by||P. Vasu|
|Music by||S. A. Rajkumar|
|Edited by||P. Mohanraj|
Murugan Cine Arts
Vanna Thamizh Paatu (English: Colourful Tamil song) is a 2000 Tamil romantic drama film directed by P. Vasu. The film features Prabhu, débutantes Vaijayanthi and Mani Chandhana in lead roles. The film, produced by M. Krishnaswamy, had musical score by S. A. Rajkumar and was released on 17 November 2000. The film received mixed reviews
Bhuvana (Vaijayanthi) is back to her village after dropping out of college. Her father Muthumanikkam (Radha Ravi), the village's Zamindar, is amazed when he listened to the song of Bhoopathy (Prabhu) and he hires Bhoopathy as a servant and singer in his house.
Muthumanikkam and his brother-in-law Rasappan (Anandaraj) are against love marriages. Thereafter, Devi (Mani Chandhana), Bhuvana's sister, falls in love with Bhoopathy but Boopathy does not reciprocate it. Soon, Bhuvana's mother finds out about the marriage between Bhoopathy and her daughter Bhuvana.
A flashback is shown where Bhoopathy and Bhuvana fell in love with each other and they secretly got married to each other. Vijaya Raghunatha Bhoopathy Raja is, in fact, the son of the Zamindar Rathnavel Raghunatha Bhoopathy Raja (Prabhu). Rathnavel Raghunatha Bhoopathy Raja ordered them to first sought the blessings of Muthumanikkam and then he will bless them. Hence to win the heart of Muthumanikkam, Boopathy came as a servant to his home. Bhuvana's mother keeps the secret within her and does not inform Muthumanikkam.
Afterwards, Muthumanikkam finds out that Devi is in love with Boopathy and decides to send Boopathy out from his home. But Rasappan comes to rescue and informs the truth about Boopathy and Bhuvana. A small flashback is shown where Rasappan finds the real identity of Boopathy. Muthumanikkam understands the true love between Boopathy and Bhuvana and decides to agree to their wedding. Finally, Boopathy and Bhuvana are united with the blessings of both families.
- Prabhu as Vijaya Raghunatha Bhoopathy Raja and Rathnavel Raghunatha Bhoopathy Raja
- Vaijayanthi as Bhuvana
- Manichandhana as Devi
- Vadivelu as Velu
- Radha Ravi as Mukkalathur Muthumanikkam
- Anandaraj as Rasappan, friend and brother -in-law of Muthumanikkam
- Thyagu as Ponnusamy
- Jyothi as Bhuvana's mother
- Ravikumar as Police Inspector
- Balu Anand as Velusamy
- Besant Ravi
- Bharathi as Meenakshi
- Bhanusri as Velu's lover
- Vishal as Venu
- Raviraj as Arunagiri
- Arunkumar as Jagan
- Minnal Deepa as Bhuvana's friend
The P.Vasu-Balu-Prabhu team comes together again ten years after they made 'Chinna Thambi'. The new film, 'Vanna Thamizh Paattu', is the eighth Vasu-Prabhu combination. Apart from wielding the megaphone, Vasu pens the story, screenplay and dialogues. The film is produced by K.Balu for Aishwaria Combines. The banner had earlier made 'Pandithurai', 'Uthamarasu', 'Paramparai' and of course the highly successful 'Chinna Thambi'. Shooting has been planned at exotic locations in Ooty, Mysore and Goa. Prabhu plays the dual role of father and son in the film. Two heroines are paired with him, both debutantes. One is Mani Chandhana and the other, Vyjayanthi. Anandraj, Radha Ravi, Bharat, Jyoti, Vadivelu, Thyagu, Bhanu and Ashwini form the supporting cast.
|Vanna Thamizh Paatu|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||S. A. Rajkumar|
|1||'Enna Solli Paaduven'||Hariharan, K. S. Chithra||5:03|
|2||'Kaatukuyil Pola'||S. A. Rajkumar||4:21|
|3||'Nilavil Nee'||Mano, K. S. Chithra||4:33|
|4||'Vanna Kathavugal'||Shankar Mahadevan||4:50|
|6||'Vilayaattu Vilayaattu'||Srinivas, Sujatha Mohan, Anuradha Sriram||4:23|
- "Filmography of vanna thamizh pattu". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Vannathamizh Paattu (2000) Tamil Movie". en.600024.com. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Vanna Thamizh Paatu". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Film Review: ''Vannathamizh Pattu''". The Hindu. 24 November 2000. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 February 2001. Retrieved 21 February 2001.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Vanna Thamizh Pattu". Cinematoday2.itgo.com. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Vanna Thamizh Paatu Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 29 January 2013.