Main Street in Vanscoy
|Provinces and territories of Canada||Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipalities (R.M.)||Vanscoy No. 345|
|Post office Founded||1909-10-01|
|• Mayor||Conner Brissette|
|• Land||1.49 km2 (0.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||253.7/km2 (657/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|Postal code||S0L 3J0|
Vanscoy is a village of 339 residents in the rural municipality of Vanscoy No. 345, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Vanscoy is located on Highway 7 near Highway 762 in central Saskatchewan, 29 km southwest of Saskatoon, the largest city in the province. To the west is Rice Lake, the north, Goose Lake and on the east, Pike Lake and Pike Lake Provincial Park. One of the largest economic industries near Vanscoy is Agrium Vanscoy Potash Operations which produces 1,790,000 metric tonnes of potash a year. Vanscoy has a bar and a gas station/convenience store which is attached to a restaurant.
The Dominion Land Survey places the village in Sec.17, Twp.35, R.7, W3.
Sites of Interest
Within 19 kilometers or 12 miles of Vanscoy is the Otapasoo Trails Recreation Site. Pike Lake Provincial Park has hiking trails, boating, and marsh land conservation area, and is located 16 kilometers or 10 miles to the south east of Vanscoy. Vade, Hawker, Hawoods, Farley, Dunfermline, Chambers, and Cory are unincorporated areas near Vanscoy. These areas were rail sidings and communities of origin in the early 1900s and not much is left at these sites. Cedar villa Estates a hamlet, outside of Saskatoon is a new development.
Vanscoy is considered part of the greater Saskatoon region and its close proximity to the city allows it direct access to most of its print, radio and television media.
- National Archives, Archivia Net, Post Offices and Postmasters, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home. "Municipal Directory System (Vanscoy)". Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Canadian Textiles Institute. (2005), CTI Determine your provincial constituency, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Commissioner of Canada Elections, Chief Electoral Officer of Canada (2005), Elections Canada On-line, retrieved 2007-04-24
- "Agrium - Vanscoy, Saskatchewan". Archived from the original on 2007-04-04. Retrieved 2007-06-02.
- "Vanscoy School". Retrieved 2007-06-02.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatchewan City & Town Maps
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web Region
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- 2006 Community Profiles
|Kinley-Asquith||South Saskatchewan River-Pike Lake|