Vanur taluk is a taluk of Viluppuram district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The headquarters of the taluk is the town of Vanur. Vanur taluk includes the village of Nainarpalayam and Katrampakkam, situated on NH-66 15 km from Pondicherry to Krishnagiri Road.
According to the 2011 census, the taluk of Vanur had a population of 196,282 with 98,852 males and 97,430 females. There were 986 women for every 1000 men. The taluk had a literacy rate of 68.73. Child population in the age group below 6 was 11,028 Males and 10,647 Females.
- Sri Aravindar Engineering College
- Sri Aravindar Arts & Science College
- Sri Aravindar Vidhyalaya Matriculation School
- Pauls Engineering College
- Mailam Engineering College
- "Provisional Population Totals - Tamil Nadu-Census 2011" (PDF). Census Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
|This article related to a location in Viluppuram district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|