Interior courtyard of Masjed-i Varamin
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Area code(s)||021 (Formerly 0291)|
Varamin (Persian: ورامين, also Romanized as Varāmīn and Verāmin; anciently known as Varna and Varena) is a city in and the capital of Varamin County, Tehran Province, Iran. At the 2011 census, its population was 218,991, and at the 2006 census, its population was 208,569, in 53,639 families.
Varamin is believed to be the ancient city of Varena, which is mentioned in Avesta.
|“||The fourteenth of the good lands and countries which I, Ahura Mazda, created, was the four-cornered Varena, for which was born Thraetaona, who smote Azi Dahaka.||”|
|— Vendidad, Avesta|
- Photographs of monuments in a near Varāmin (these photographs are available on flickr):
- — Part of the exterior of Masjed-e Jāme'eh Varāmin: (1).
- — The interior of Masjed-e Jāme'eh Varāmin: (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6).
- — Mil Hill (Tappe-ye Mil) near Varāmin: (1), (2).
- — The exterior of the Shah-Abbasi Caravanserai, South on Varāmin: (1)-(5).
- — The interiour of the Shah-Abbasi Caravanserai: (1).
- — Views of a traditional abandoned house in Varāmin: (1), (2), (3), (4).
Sugar refinery factory
Varamin Sugar Refinery Factory was built in 1934–1935 by Nikolai Markov and is the very first sugar refinery factory in Iran and Middle East. In recent years[when?] its produce has been reduced because of shortage in ingredients.
Carpets and rugs
- For more information see: Varamin Carpet
Carpets and rugs of Varamin are among most famous carpets in the world. Many rug and carpet experts see Varamins as purer Persian carpets. They have geometric patterns with repeated medallions, especially on runners. They are made by tribal people who either live in or pass by Varamin.
Colleges and universities
Islamic Azad University
- Varamin can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3088133" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1390 (2011)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2016-10-06.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Peterson, Joseph H. "AVESTA: VENDIDAD (English): Fargard 1.". www.Avesta.org. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- قديمي ترين کارخانه قند ايران تعطيل شد.. www.Parsine.com (in Persian).
- یادگارهای جناب نیکلای. www.Tebyan.net (in Persian).
- روغنکشی شماره ی یک ورامین. www.Khoec.com (in Persian).
- "Varamin carpets in Little Persia". www.little-persia.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Varamin.|