Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi
लाल बहादुर शास्त्री हवाई अड्डे
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||266 ft / 81 m|
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi International Airport (IATA: VNS, ICAO: VEBN) is a public airport located at Babatpur 26 km (16 mi) northwest of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Formerly known as Varanasi Airport, it was officially renamed Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport in October 2005.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Khajuraho|
|Air India Express||Sharjah|
|IndiGo||Bengaluru, Delhi, Goa (begins 1 September 2015), Kolkata (begins 1 September 2015), Mumbai|
operated by JetKonnect
|SpiceJet||Bengaluru (resumes 15 October 2015), Delhi, Hyderabad (resumes 15 October 2015), Mumbai (resumes 15 October 2015)|
operated by Mihin Lanka
|Thai Airways||Seasonal: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi|
|Ventura Air Connect||Charter: Lucknow, Muirpur, Satna|
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS". Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Airports Authority of India". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Varanasi Airport renamed". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 20 October 2005.
- TNN Oct 4, 2012 (2012-10-04). "Cabinet grants international airport status to five airports". ET. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "IndiGo to launch Kolkata and Goa flights from Varanasi". Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "SpiceJet Adds New Flights and Frequencies Starting October 15, Including First Direct (non-stop) Flights Connecting Varanasi to Mumbai and Hyderabad". Retrieved 22 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Varanasi Airport.|