Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi
लाल बहादुर शास्त्री हवाई अड्डे
|IATA: VNS – ICAO: VEBN|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||266 ft / 81 m|
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi International Airport (IATA: VNS, ICAO: VEBN) is a public airport located at Babatpur 26 km (16 mi) northwest of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Formerly known as Varanasi Airport, it was officially renamed Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport in October 2005.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Khajuraho|
|Air India Express||Sharjah|
|IndiGo||Bengaluru, Delhi, Goa, Kolkata Mumbai|
operated by JetKonnect
|SpiceJet||Bengaluru (begins 15 October 2015), Delhi, Hyderabad (resumes 15 October 2015), Mumbai (resumes 15 October 2015)|
operated by Mihin Lanka
|Thai Airways||Seasonal: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi|
|Vistara||Delhi (begins 21 October 2015)|
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Airports Authority of India". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Varanasi Airport renamed". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 20 October 2005.
- TNN Oct 4, 2012 (2012-10-04). "Cabinet grants international airport status to five airports". ET. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "IndiGo to launch Kolkata and Goa flights from Varanasi". Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "SpiceJet Adds New Flights and Frequencies Starting October 15, Including First Direct (non-stop) Flights Connecting Varanasi to Mumbai and Hyderabad". Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Vistara airline opens sales office in Dubai". Business Stndard. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Vistara’s Grand opening in Dubai". Aviator Flight. 14 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Varanasi Airport.|
- Varanasi Airport at Airports Authority of India web site
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport - India Airport Global Website
- Kanpur Airport