|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Body||Varangaon Nagarpalika|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 19|
Varangaon is a town in the Jalgaon district of Maharashtra state of India. It is located 12 km east of Bhusawal. The Ordnance Factory of Varangaon of the Ordnance Factories Board which manufactures gunpowder and similar military products for the Indian Armed Forces is located in Varangaon. Varangaon railway station where few trains halt comes under the main Mumbai–Howrah rail route.
A small river, Bhogvati, flows through the town, although it is mostly dry for half of the year. Bhogvati later joins the Tapi River near Bhusaval. The Hatnur Dam, which is located 11 km north on the River Tapi, provides water to the town. The river divides Town into two parts, on North old village and on south near highway new town.
The town has seven schools:
- G.S Chaudhari School
- Mahatma Gandhi School
- Fakhruddin Ali High Sch. Varangaon
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Ordnance factory, Varangaon
- Sushila Ram Kadam Primary School Varangaon
- Z.P. Urdu Boys Varangaon
- Z.P. Primary School
Mahatma Gandhi Vidyalaya was founded by Kalidas Keshav Joshi and others; the college teaches science, arts and commerce. The trustees of the Mahatma Gandhi College started an English Medium School with CBSE pattern on 16 June 2009. Farming is the main source of income of the majority of the people. Sugarcane, banana, cotton and jowar are the main crops, taken twice a year in both harvests. The fields are irrigated by water from the River Tapi.
Nageshwar Temple is situated on the outskirts of the town, which is an ancient Shiva temple. It is believed that the Maratha Sardar Bajirao Peshva paid his tributes to this temple, before marching on to Delhi and the Mughal Sultanate.Muktai Temple of Mehun Muktainagar is also nearby.
The new one and only one temple of Shri Swami Samartha maharaj,Akkalkot built by Shri.Sanjeev Kolte who has been a social worker of this town since near about 30 years has the town's first religious place for people with the garden and other facilities for people all over the town.This temple have been given a higher value because of its uniqueness and being a one among the few temples of Shri Swami Samartha Maharaj all over Maharashtra.The temple would be completed approximately by December 2008.
The town has even progressed and changed from Grampanchayat to Nagarpalika and soon elections will be held.So we can say that the town is Marching towards progress step by step.Soon the town is expected to have an Independent market and the villagers would not have to go to a taluka place(Bhusawal) for shopping and other purpose.
The announcement of nagar palika of Varangon was being done on date. 13 September 2014. This nagar palika have 18 elected and two nominated members. The election was being taken on date 22 April 2015. The post of nagar palika addhyksha (nagar addhyksha) was being reserved for the scheduled caste. In the election the BJP got 08 seats, NCP got 05 seats, Shiv Sena got one seat and others got 04 seats.
- "वरणगाव पालिकेची निवडणुक होणार अठरा प्रभागात" [Varangaon Palikechi Nivadnuk Honar Athra Prabhagat]. Sakal (in Marathi). Varangaon. 4 January 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "भुसावळ तालुक्यातील वरणगाव वरणगावात निवडणूक फिव्हर" [Bhusawal Talukyatil Varangaon Varangaonat Nivadnuk Fever]. www.gormatnews.com (in Marathi). Jalgaon. 20 March 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Suresh Ujjainwaal (20 February 2012). "अॉर्डनन्स फँक्टरीचा गलथान कारभार" [Ordnance Factorycha Galthan Carbhaar]. Divya Marathi (in Marathi). Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Varangaon Railway Station". www.bharatrail.info. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "तालुक्यात नद्या तहानलेल्याच" [Talukyat Nadya Tahanlelyach]. Sakal (in Marathi). Bhusawal. 20 September 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Vijay Pathak (30 December 2009). "हतनूर धरण 'गाळा' च्या मार्गावर" [Hatnur Dharan 'Gala' cya Margavar]. Maharashtra Times (in Marathi). Jalgaon. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Devidas Vani (3 January 2015). "हतनूर'मधून डावा कालव्याचे स्वप्न यंदा तरी पूर्ण होईल?" [Hatnur'Madun Dava Kalvyache Swapna Yanda Tari Purn Hoil?]. Sakal (in Marathi). Bhusawal. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "भुसावळ- नागेश्वर यात्रेस प्रतिसाद" [Bhusawal- Nageshwar Yatress Pratisad]. www.jalgaonlive.com. Bhusawal. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2015.