Varde Municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region of Southern Denmark on the west coast of the Jutland peninsula in southwest Denmark. Its mayor is Erik Buhl Nielsen, a member of the Venstre (Liberal Party) political party. The main town and site of its municipal council is the town of Varde. Its area is 1255.79 km². It has a population of 50,125 (2008).
On January 1, 2007 Varde municipality was, due to Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), merged with existing Blaabjerg, Blåvandshuk, most of Helle (Grimstrup sogn, a part of the former Helle Municipality, merged with Esbjerg Municipality), and Ølgod municipalities to form a new Varde municipality.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Municipality's official website
- Varde portal
- Varde Official Tourist Information
- Varde Attractions - museums and other sites of interest in Varde
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|