Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
|वर्धमान महावीर खुला विश्वविद्यालय|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Ashok Sharma|
|Visitor||Governor, State of Rajasthan|
|Students||50,000 (new enrollments.) - 2015|
|Location||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|Affiliations||COL, NAAC, UGC,DEC|
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University (Hindi: वर्धमान महावीर खुला विश्वविद्यालय is an open university in Kota, Rajasthan, India, established on July 23, 1987, and was initially known as Kota Open University. focussing particularly on the humanities, commerce, library science and informatics. The University includes among its aims the goal of seeking to educate those deprived under the conventional system of education. It is geographically distributed throughout Rajasthan, with six regional centres and several tens of "study centres" in different cities, in addition to a special Centre at New Delhi. The University has almost 50000 new admissions in year 2015 with a learner base of more than a lakh Students every year.
- VC's Page on Official Website https://online.vmou.ac.in/StaffDetails.aspx?unit_id=24
- UGC's Rajasthan Page http://www.ugc.ac.in/stateuniversitylist.aspx?id=29&Unitype=2
- "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)". Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- "Courses". Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- http://www.vmou.ac.in official web site
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|