From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In probability theory and statistics, variance measures how far a set of numbers are spread out.
Variance may also refer to:
- Variance (accounting), the difference between a budgeted, planned or standard cost and the actual amount incurred/sold
- Variance Films, a film distribution company founded in 2008
- Variance (land use), a deviation from the set of rules a municipality applies to land use and land development
- Variance (album) (2009), third album by electronic musician Jega
- Covariance, probability theory and statistics
- Covariance and contravariance (category theory)
- Covariance and contravariance (computer science)
- Genetic variance (disambiguation)
- Invariance (physics)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Variance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.