From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Variational may refer to:
|Look up variational or variation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Calculus of variations, a field of mathematical analysis that deals with maximizing or minimizing functionals
- Variational method, a way of finding approximations to the lowest energy eigenstate or ground state in quantum physics
- Variational Bayesian methods, a family of techniques for approximating integrals in Bayesian inference and machine learning
- Variational properties, properties of an organism relating to the production of variation among its offspring in evolutionary biology
- Variationist sociolinguistics or variational sociolinguistics, the study of variation in language use among speakers or groups of speakers
- List of variational topics in mathematics and physics
- Variation (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Variational"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Variational.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.