|Native name||वर्षा भोसले|
|Died||8 October 2012
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Alma mater||Elphinstone College|
|Spouse(s)||Hemant Kenkre (–1998)|
|Parent(s)||Asha Bhosle (mother)
Ganpatrao Bhosle (father)
Varsha was a professional Hindi and Bhojpuri playback singer, and appeared in concerts with her mother. Varsha finished school from Hill Grange High School, on Pedder Road, Mumbai, in 1973, with an ISC. She studied Political Science at Elphinstone College, which is affiliated with Bombay University in Mumbai.
She wrote columns for the Indian web portal Rediff during 1997 - 2003; columns for The Sunday Observer during 1994 - 1998; and for Gentleman magazine in 1993. She also wrote a few articles for the Times of India and for Rakshak - The Protector police magazine.
She lived in Mumbai with her mother. She had married a sports writer and public relations professional Hemant Kenkre but the couple divorced in 1998. On 9 September 2008, she reportedly attempted suicide by taking an overdose of prescribed medicine, after which she was admitted to Mumbai's Jaslok hospital. On 8 October 2012, Varsha committed suicide at her residence in Mumbai. She shot herself in the head at her Prabhu Kunj residence in Mumbai. Her body was discovered by her mother's driver and maid in a pool of blood on the sofa in her home. Mumbai Police later confirmed the suicide and said she shot herself with a licensed weapon.
- "Why did Asha Bhosles daughter Varsha commit suicide? Police clueless". Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Varsha Bhosle: Asha Bhosle's daughter had a troubled life - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Archive of Varsha Bhosle's articles on Rediff | Access Date: 05-Feb-2012
- Asha's daughter in hospital after pill overdose News article adverse reaction | Retrieved on 2012-02-05
- "'Gautam's death depressed Asha Bhosle's daughter'". www.santabanta.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Varsha Bhosle, daughter of Asha Bhosle, commits suicide". The Times of India. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Asha Bhosles daughter varsha bhosle commits suicide". Dainik Jagran. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2012.