Varshets Municipality within Bulgaria and Montana Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Varshets|
|• Total||240 km2 (90 sq mi)|
|Population (Census February 2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Varshets Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Вършец) is a municipality (obshtina) in Montana Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located on the northern slopes of the western Stara planina mountain to the area of the so-called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Varshets.
The municipality embraces a territory of 240 km² with a population of 8,108 inhabitants, as of February 2011.
Varshets Municipality includes the following 9 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Dolna Bela Rechka||Долна Бела речка||99|
|Dolno Ozirovo||Долно Озирово||477|
|Gorna Bela Rechka||Горна Бела речка||83|
|Gorno Ozirovo||Горно Озирово||382|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (Bulgarian)National Statistical Institute - Census 2011
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Official website (Bulgarian)