This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Planning agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Vasant Kunj is a prosperous and upmarket neighborhood located in Delhi, India, at the foothills of the Aravali mountain range. The area is home to several prominent personalities, one being the former prime minister of India, Dr Manmohan Singh. The locality is also very close to Indira Gandhi International Airport and the commercial hub of Gurgaon.
Vasant Kunj was once farmland and was acquired by the government in 1960s. The areas surrounding Vasant Kunj consist of farmland and the area is famous for palatial farmhouses. The locality is surrounded by greenery, with the South-Central Ridge of the Delhi Ridge encompassing the area and this forest is called Sanjay Van. The residential part of Vasant Kunj is divided into 5 Sectors - A, B, C, D and E.
Bloomsbury India has its head office in the Vishrut Building (Building No. 3) in the DDA Complex in Vasant Kunj. Also the corporate offices of the Bharti Enterprises, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation are located in the area near Ambience mall. Research Center of American multi-national IBM is located at ISID Campus in Vasant Kunj.
DLF's Ambience, Promenade and Emporio located in Vasant Kunj has been touted as a fashion destination. Vasant Square Mall in Vasant Kunj houses many showrooms including one of British bike marker Triumph, BigBazar, KFC and SubWay.
The area has a booming entrepreneurial population and its own community yellow pages - the Vasant Kunj Informer & Shopper which keeps its over 60,000 readership informed each month about all the services available to them.
TERI University is located in Vasant Kunj. The new integrated, spacious campus of School of Panning and Architecture is undergoing construction off Nelson Mandela Marg. Jawarlal Nehru University (J.N.U.) is surrounded by Vasant Kunj on its west and south. They also have management school Jagannath International Management School. Shaurya CRPF Officers Training institute is also located in the Vasant Kunj's institutional area near sector C.
Some of the prominent schools in the neighborhood includes Delhi Public School- Vasant Kunj, Vasant Valley School, G.D. Goenka Public School, D.A.V public school Bhatnagar International School, Ryan International School, The Heritage School, Bloom Public School.
Vasant Kunj Sports Complex is one of the prominent sports complexes developed by Delhi Development Authority. Beeya's Riding Facility in Vasant Kunj is a nationally recognized horse riding club.
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Fortis Flt.Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital are some of the prominent hospitals located in Vasant Kunj. Others include New Delhi Children's Hospital & Research Centre (NDCHRC).
Central Reserve Police Force's Officers training institute- Shaurya, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, National Book Trust, International Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution are located in Vasant Kunj Institutional Area.
Indira Gandhi International Airport (Terminal 3) is at a distance of 5.9 km, while the Domestic Airport (Terminal 1) is at a distance of 7.8 km. Nizamuddin Railway Station is 17.8 km away while New Delhi Railway Station is at a distance of 18.1 km.
The locality is connected to other regions of New Delhi by road and by Metro rail. Vasant Kunj is accessible by means of public transport including autos, taxis and buses. The nearest Metro stations are Chattarpur on Yellow Line , Delhi Aerocity Airport Express(Orange Line) and Vasant Vihar(Magenta Line). People who are commuting via NH-8 can reach Vasant Kunj by taking exit number 2. A new road- Mahipalpur Bypass has been built to ease the traffic congestion in Mahipalpur. This roads join to NH-8 and Vasant Kunj marg near sector E traffic juncture.
- "Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's assets exceed Rs 5 crore, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee's assets worth Rs 1.25 crore". 3 September 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2018 – via The Economic Times.
- "Vasant Kunj". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Investor Support - Shareholders Communication - airtel". www.airtel.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "CCCL to build ONGC corporate office". constructionweekonline.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Contact Us." Bloomsbury Books. Retrieved on 14 October 2012. "Bloomsbury India Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt Limited VISHRUT Building Building no3, DDA Complex, Ground Floor Pocket C 6&7, Vasant Kunj New Delhi 110070 India"
- "Triumph opens showroom in Delhi". hindustantimes.com. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Triumph inaugurates showroom in New Delhi, 1st in North India - Team-BHP". team-bhp.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "The Grand New Delhi - 5-Star Luxury Hotel in New Delhi". www.thegrandnewdelhi.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "EPCH House Number, Head Office Number, contact Details". epch.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Vasant Kunj Informer & Shopper:Home Page". www.vkis.co.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Google". www.google.co.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "DPS Vasantkunj champion". 1 December 2009. Retrieved 22 January 2018 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Top Ten schools of South-West Delhi". hindustantimes.com. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Vasant Kunj Sports Complex". ddasports.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Check out the horse-riding schools in Delhi". India Today. 12 December 2005. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Top Hospital - Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital Vasant Kunj Delhi, India". Fortis Healthcare Limited. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "ICADR::Contact Us". icadr.nic.in. Retrieved 22 January 2018.