|Vasant Dattatray Lad|
Pune, British India
|Occupation||Author, Ayurvedic Physician, Professor, Director of The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Nationality||American (born Indian)|
|Genre||Ayurveda, Panchakarma, Sanskrit, Yoga, Jyotish|
Vasant Dattatray Lad is an American author, Ayurvedic physician, professor and director of the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Lad is the author of numerous articles and many books on the subject of Ayurvedic Medicine. He is considered one of the foremost experts on the subject. He teaches the Ayurvedic Studies Programs, Level 1 and 2 as well as an advanced Gurukula program in Pune, India each year. Vasant Lad also travels throughout the world, consulting privately and giving seminars on Ayurveda, its history, theory, principles and practical applications.
Education and professional experience
Lad received the degree of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) in 1968 from the University of Pune, in Pune, India and a Master of Ayurvedic Science (M.A.Sc.) in 1980 from Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya in Pune. Before coming to the United States in 1979, Lad served as the Medical Director of the Ayurveda Hospital in Pune for three years and held the position of Professor of Clinical Medicine for seven years at the Pune University College of Ayurvedic Medicine. His training includes the study of Western medicine and surgery as well as traditional Ayurvedic Medicine.
He founded the Ayurvedic Institute in 1984. Since 2000 Lad has sat as an advisor for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association as well as the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine and Colorado Ayurvedic Medical Association. He is also the author of numerous books. He also sits on the faculty of the Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda in Watsonville, California and the Dinacharya Institute, New York, New York.
- Ayurveda: A Practical Guide: The Science of Self Healing, Lotus Press; 1985 ISBN 0-914955-00-4.
- The Yoga of Herbs: An Ayurvedic Guide to Herbal Medicine, (co-author: David Frawley) Lotus Press; 1986 ISBN 0-941524-24-8.
- Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing, (co-author: Usha Lad) Ayurvedic Press; 1997 ISBN 1-883725-05-4.
- Ayurvedic Perspectives on Selected Pathologies, Ayurvedic Press; 1998 ISBN 1-883725-12-7.
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies, Three Rivers Press; 1999 ISBN 0-609-80286-0.
- Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume One: Fundamental Principles, Ayurvedic Press; 2001 ISBN 1-883725-07-0.
- Strands of Eternity, Ayurvedic Press; 2004 ISBN 1-883725-10-0.
- Ayurvedic Perspectives on Selected Pathologies: An Anthology of Essential Reading from Ayurveda Today, Ayurvedic Press; 2007 ISBN 1-883725-12-7.
- Secrets of the Pulse: The Ancient Art of Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosis, The Ayurvedic Press; 2006 ISBN 1-883725-13-5.
- Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume Two: A Complete Guide to Clinical Assessment , The Ayurvedic Press; 2007 ISBN 1-883725-11-9.
- Marma Points of Ayurveda: The Energy Pathways for Healing Body, Mind, and Consciousness with a Comparison to Traditional Chinese Medicine , (co-author: Anisha Durve)Ayurvedic Press; 2008 ISBN 1-883725-08-9
- Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume Three: General Principles of Management and Treatment, Ayurvedic Press; 2012 ISBN 978-1-883725-14-3.
- CDs and audio books
- Pranayama for Self-Healing (Audio CD). Ayurvedic Press, 2005, ISBN 978-1-883725-15-0.
- "Biography of Dr Vasant Lad". Ayurvedic Institute.
- "Ayurvedic Doctor Vasant Lad". Nalanda University.
- "NAMA (Advisors)". National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
- "CAAM Advisors". California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine.
- "COLORAMA Advisors". Colorado Ayurvedic Medical Association.
- "Mount Madonna Institute Faculty". Mount Madonna Institute.
- "Dinaharya Faculty". Dinacharya Institute.
- "General Principles of Management and Treatment". Ayurvedic Institute.