This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vasant Dattatray Lad
Pune, British India
|Occupation||Author, Ayurvedic Physician, Professor, Director of The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Nationality||American (born Indian)|
|Genre||Ayurveda, Panchakarma, Sanskrit, Yoga, Jyotish|
Lad received the degree of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) in 1968 from the University of Pune, in Pune, India and a Master of Ayurvedic Science (M.A.Sc.) in 1980 from Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya in Pune. Before coming to the United States in 1979, Lad served as the medical director of the Ayurveda Hospital in Pune for three years and as Professor of Clinical Medicine for seven years at the Pune University College of Ayurvedic Medicine. His training includes the study of Western medicine and surgery as well as traditional Ayurvedic Medicine.
He founded the Ayurvedic Institute in 1984. Since 2000 Lad has sat as an advisor for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association as well as the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine and Colorado Ayurvedic Medical Association. He is a member of the faculty of the Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda in Watsonville, California, and the Dinacharya Institute in New York City.
- Kiran Dahitule (2 October 2011). "Meet the man whose love for Ayurveda is extraordinary". Pune: Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Ayurvedic Doctor Vasant Lad". Nalanda University.
- "NAMA (Advisors)". National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
- "CAAM Advisors". California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine.
- "COLORAMA Advisors". Colorado Ayurvedic Medical Association.
- "Mount Madonna Institute Faculty". Mount Madonna Institute.
- "Dinaharya Faculty". Dinacharya Institute.