|Genres||Classical choral music|
Vasari Singers is one of the UK's leading chamber choirs, led from its founding by Jeremy Backhouse. Vasari performs regularly in most of London’s major concert venues and taken part in numerous commercial concerts and festivals, including the BBC Proms and the choir has appeared on BBC Radio 3 The choir is acclaimed for its versatility, performing choral music from a wide range of styles and eras, from the Renaissance to contemporary. As well as concerts, taking part in choral evensong is a major feature of Vasari’s schedule. The choir sings regularly in Canterbury Cathedral other main English Cathedrals, with recent visits to Gloucester Cathedral, Liverpool Cathedral and Ripon Cathedral. New music is central to the choir’s activities, and since 2000 has commissioned over 20 works from British composers. In 2005 Vasari celebrated its 25th anniversary with 10 new commissions, a recording of these and other 21st-century anthems and a world première concert at St John’s, Smith Square.
- "Vasari Singers - Home". Vasari Singers. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "BBC - Proms - Vasari Singers". BBC. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "BBC Radio 3 - In Tune". BBC. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vasari Singers - About Us". Vasari Singers. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Anthems for the 21st Century". Signum Records. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Gabriel Jackson Requiem" (PDF). OUP. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "JACKSON, G.: Requiem / In all his works / I am the voice of the wind / POTT, F.: When David heard (Vasari Singers, Backhouse) - 8.573049".
- "Vasari Singers- Bio, Albums, Pictures – Naxos Classical Music".