Levit on a 2016 stamp of Kazakhstan
24 February 1988|
Fyodorvka, Fyodorov District, Kostanay Region, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
In the 2016 Olympic final Levit was controversially defeated by Russia's Evgeny Tishchenko via a unanimous judge's decision. The crowd reacted with shock and anger to the result, and several boxing professionals criticised the decision, with some suggesting Levit should have been awarded all three rounds. At the medal ceremony, Levit put his fingers to his lips to discourage the crowd from booing Tischenko. Afterwards, Levit said that he felt that he had won the fight, but declined to criticise the judges and said that Tischenko deserved respect.
- "Vasily Levit". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Russian boxer Evgeny Tishchenko booed after winning Olympic gold". CNN. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Boxing: Russia's Tishchenko wins heavyweight gold to boos". Reuters. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Rio 2016: Tishchenko wins controversial boxing heavyweight gold". Times of India. AFP. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Robinson, Isaac (16 August 2016). "Shane McGuigan and BJ Flores among those to condemn Olympic boxing judging". Sky Sports. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
|This biographical article related to Kazakhstani boxing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|