Vasily Pavlovich Lobanov also Vassily Lobanov (Васи́лий Па́влович Лоба́нов, born 2 January 1947) is a Russian composer and pianist.
Lobanov studied at the Moscow Conservatory from 1963 to 1971: piano with Lev Naumov and composition with Sergey Balasanyan. He also studied with Yuri Kholopov (analysis) and Alfred Schnittke (instrumentation). From 1997 he has been professor for piano at the 'Hochschule für Musik' in Cologne, Germany. He has lived in Germany since 1991.
He has composed operas, concertos, chamber and piano music, playing in recitals together with the violinist Oleg Kagan and cellist Natalia Gutman.
- Antigone, opera after Sophocles, Op. 51 (1985–1987)
- Father Sergius (Отец Сергий – Otets Sergiy), opera in one act after the story by Leo Tolstoy (1990–1995)
Oratories and cantatas
- Leutnant Schmidt, oratorio, Op. 31 (1979)
- God-Nightingale, cantata after Osip Mandelstam for baritone and chamber ensemble, Op. 61 (1991)
- Aria for violin and string orchestra (1986)
- Concerto for cello and orchestra, Op. 42 (1984–1985)
- Concerto No.1 for piano and chamber orchestra, Op. 35 (1981)
- Concerto No.2 for piano and orchestra, Op. 64 (1993)
- Concerto for trumpet, percussion and string orchestra, Op. 70 (1997)
- Concerto No.1 for viola and string orchestra, Op. 53 (1989)
- Concerto No.2 for viola and string orchestra, Op. 71 (1998)
- Double Concerto for clarinet, violin and chamber orchestra, Op. 65 (1995)
- Sinfonietta for chamber orchestra, Op. 47 (1986)
- Symphony for strings, percussion, flute and trumpet, Op. 22 (1977)
- Triple Concerto for violin, cello and piano with orchestra, Op. 27 (1978)
- Kleine Suite im alten Stil (Little Suite in Old Style) for viola solo, Op. 63 (1992)
- Sonata for viola and piano, Op. 58 (1990)
- 4 Stücke im strengen Stil (4 Pieces in a Strict Style) for clarinet or viola and piano, Op. 43 (1984)