|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2012)|
|Born||Sandur, Bellary, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||National Institute of Technology Karnataka
Indian Institute of Science
Vasudhendra was born at Sandur in the Bellary district in Karnataka. He graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering degree from National Institute of Technology, Karnataka as a gold medalist. He then did his Master of Engineering from Indian Institute of Science. He had been a software professional since 20 years. He was also the Vice President at Genisys Software. Now he spends his time in reading, writing and traveling.
- Maneeshe (1998)
- Ugadi (2004)
- Chelu (2006)
- Hampi Express (2008)
- Mohanaswamy (2013)
Collection of Essays
- nammamma andre nanagista (2006)
- Rakshaka Annatha (2010)
- Varnamaya (2012)
- kothigalu (2004)
- Aidu Paise Vardakshine (2016)
- Harichitta Satya (2010)
- Mithuna (2004) (Translation of Sri Ramana's Short Stories from Telugu)
- Everest (2015) (Translation of Jon Krakauer's Everest Mountaineering Disaster Into Thin Air)
In Braile language
- Adrushya kaavya (2006) (collection of essays)
Writing for films
- Nammamma andre nanagista (Still under discussion. Film has not bee produced)
Books in English
- Mohanaswamy (Harper Perennial, Nov 2016)
Awards and Recognitions
- Kannada Sahitya Academy Award
- Da Raa Bendre Story Award
- Maasthi Story Award
- Dr U. R. Ananthamurthy Award
- Besagarahalli Ramanna Award
- Vasudheva Bhoopalam Award
- Vardhamana Udayonmukha Award
- Amma Award from Sadem
- Katharanga Award
He has started his own publication house called the Chanda Pustaka. Through this he has given encouragement to many upcoming writers of Kannada. It has published around 50 books till date and these books have won more than 60 prestigious awards. He has instituted an award 'Chanda Pustaka Bahumana', which will be given to a fresh and young short story writer every year by publishing his first anthology along with a cash prize. He publishes all his books through this publication house and he looks after sales and marketing of his publications.
Being a hiker, he has trekked across Western Ghats. He has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro of Tanzania and trekked to Kailash & Mansarovar of Tibet. He is a regular squash player. World Cinema, Mahabharata and Indian classical music are his other passions. He decided not to watch television 12 years back and he follows this till date.
Vasudendra has also done a professional course in counseling and spends most of his time these days in counseling his clients [Ref:Hindu Article].
Vasudhendra is also associated with a local support group for LGBT individuals, called GoodAsYou. He has been doing a lot of activism for gay rights in Karnataka and in his latest interview with vishwavani, he argued that most people do not have sex just for procreation but also for recreation and oppression against gays is similar to that against dalits and made references to early Hindu texts.
- Vasudhēndra, E. (2004). Yugādi. Chanda Pustaka. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Vasudhendra (2008),"Hampi Express" p. Chanda Pustaka, I--4, Mantri Paradise, Bannerughatta Road, Bangalore-76
- "News Archives: The Hindu". hindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "ನಮ್ಮ ನಡುವಿನ ಅಪರೂಪದ ಕತೆಗಾರ ವಸುಧೇಂದ್ರ | Vasudhendra | Short story writer | Hampi Express | Chanda - ನಮ್ಮ ನಡುವಿನ ಅಪರೂಪದ ಕತೆಗಾರ ವಸುಧೇಂದ್ರ - Kannada Oneindia". kannada.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "'Understand intricacies of issues before writing'". deccanherald.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Fresh as a flower - The Hindu". hindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Why must truths be closeted? - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.