|13th Chief Minister of Rajasthan|
Assumed office |
13 December 2013
Ram Naik (addit charge).
|Preceded by||Ashok Gehlot|
9 December 2003 – 10 December 2008
S. K. Singh|
T. V. Rajeswar (addit. charge)Pratibha Patil
Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai (addit. charge)
Kailashpati Mishra (addit. charge)
|Preceded by||Ashok Gehlot|
|Succeeded by||Ashok Gehlot|
Vasundhara Raje Scindia|
8 March 1953 (age 65)
Bombay, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Hemant Singh (1972-74)|
|Residence||Dholpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Alma mater||University of Mumbai|
Vasundhara Raje Scindia (born 8 March 1953) is an Indian politician who has held the post of 13th Chief Minister of Rajasthan since 2013; previously she served in the same post from 2003 to 2008, and was the first woman to hold the post.
Vasundhara Raje was born on 8 March 1953 in Mumbai. She is daughter of Vijayaraje Scindia - Shinde and Jivajirao Scindia - Shinde, Maharaja of Gwalior, members of the prominent Scindia royal Maratha family. She completed her school education from Presentation Convent, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, and later graduated with Economics and Political Science degrees (Hons.) from Sophia College, affiliated to Mumbai University, Mumbai.
Vasundhara Raje married Hemant Singh, of the ex-royal Dholpur family, on 17 November 1972, but the couple separated a year later. Her son Dushyant Singh was elected to the Lok Sabha from her former constituency, Jhalawar. Her siblings are Yashodhara Raje Scindia, Industries Minister of Madhya Pradesh, the late Madhavrao Scindia, the late Padmavati Raje 'Akkasaheb' Burman (1942–64), who wed Kirit Deb Burman, last ruling Maharaja of Tripura, and Usha Raje Rana (b. 1943) who married into the Rana family of Nepal.
In 1984, Raje entered the Indian political system. Initially, she was made a Member of the National Executive of the newly formed Bharatiya Janata party (BJP). She was also elected as a member of the 8th Rajasthan Assembly from Dholpur. The same year, she was appointed as the Vice President of the Yuva Morcha, Rajasthan BJP.
Membership of Legislative Assembly
- 1985-90 Member, 8th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Dholpur
- 2003-08 Member, 12th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
- 2008-13, 13th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
- 2013 onwards Member 14th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly  from Jhalrapatan
Membership of Parliament
- 1989-91 : Member, 9th Lok Sabha
- 1991-96 : Member, 10th Lok Sabha
- 1996-98 : Member, 11th Lok Sabha
- 1998-99 : Member, 12th Lok Sabha
- 1999-03 : Member, 13th Lok Sabha
- 1985-87 : Vice-President, Yuva Morcha BJP, Rajasthan
- 1987 : Vice-President, BJP, Rajasthan
- 1990-91 : Member, Library Committee, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministries of Commerce and Tourism
- 1991-96 : Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology, Environment and Tourism1996-97 Member, Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests, Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology and Tourism
- 1997-1998 : Joint Secretary, BJP Parliamentary Party
- 1998-99 : Union Minister of State, External Affairs
- 13 October 1999 – 31 Aug.. 2001: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Small Scale Industries and Agro & Rural Industries; Department of Personnel and Training; Department of Pensions and Pensioners' Welfare in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space
- 1 September 2001 – 1 November 2001: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 2 November 2001-
- 29 January 2003 – 8 December 2003: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Planning; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 14 November 2002 -
- 14 December 2003 – Present: President, BJP, Rajasthan
- 8 December 2003 – 8 December 2008: Chief Minister, Rajasthan
- 2 January 2009 – 8 December 2013: Leader of Opposition, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 8 December 2013 – Present: Chief Minister, Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Gaurav Yatra by Vasundhara Raje 
- Bhamashah Yojana by Vasundhara Raje 
- iStart Rajasthan by Satyam Kumar and Vasundhara Raje  
- Jal Swavlamban by Vasundhara Raje  
- See More Schemes of Vasundhara Raje 
- "Profile on Rajasthan Assembly website". Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat, Jaipur (Rajasthan) INDIA. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Vasundhara Raje: A comeback politician who is also a fashion symbol". Economic Times. 8 December 2013. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile". Lok Sabha Secretariat. Archived from the original on 10 March 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Life and Career - Vasundhara Raje
- "Profile of Rajasthan". Nationsroot inc.
- "Raje's yatra to skip Sheo, raising political hackles". www.hindustantimes.com. Hindustan Times. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Raje's yatra to skip Sheo, raising political hackles". www.bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in.
- "iStart Rajasthan by Satyam Kumar & CM Vasundhara Raje". www.bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in.
- "Rajasthan Government Doubles Down On Startup Support, Launches IStart Programme". www.inc42.com.
- "मुख्यमंत्री जल स्वावलम्बन अभियान से प्रदेश बन रहा है जल आत्मनिर्भर". www.suraaj.rajasthan.gov.in.
- "Jal Swavlamban Yojna". www.mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in.
- "Schemes by Vasundhara Raje". www.ryvp.rajasthan.gov.in.