This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||29 May 1940|
In 1964 he led a two-month agitation demanding the destruction of a 150-year-old British Raj era cenotaph pillar marking the deaths of soldiers at the Siege of Bangalore in 1791. In October of that year the cenotaph was dismantled by the Bangalore City Corporation and a statue to Kempe Gowda now stands in its place.
He protested in 2017 against the comments of a famous South Indian actor Sathyaraj during the Cauvery Protest by Tamil Nadu Actors Association against Karnataka. He also protest against all who speaks against kannada, Karnataka. The protest was called off latter. In 2018 he started a new agitation on January 25 for water sharing from Mandovi River flowing from Goa. Some political critiques question the authenticity of Vatal's fight against Goa State for water sharing when he himself fight against Tamil Nadu government for Supreme court order to release water in Cauvery river.
- "Vatal's life to be an open book". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Vatal Nagaraj calls for bandh on October 4". The Hindu. 12 September 2006. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Vatal Nagaraj plays cupid on a chariot". The Hindu. 2011-02-15. Archived from the original on 7 June 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Renaming the City". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Kannada Group Holds Protest Against Baahubali Actor Sathyaraj". 20 April 2017.
- Final Sathyaraj Apologises For His Anti-Kannada Remarks Over Cauvery Issue From 9 Years Ago http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/04/21/baahubali-sathyaraj-apologises-for-anti-kannada-remarks_a_22049097/
- "For Mahadayi water, 2 bandhs in 10 days".