View of Vathy.
|Administrative region||North Aegean|
|Highest elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||12,517|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||831 00|
Vathy (Greek: Βαθύ, Vathý) is a town and a former municipality on the island of Samos, North Aegean, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Samos, of which it is a municipal unit. It is the capital and main town of the island. The municipal unit comprises numerous towns, villages, and settlements, but its two largest are Samos (town) (pop. 6,191 in 2011), and Vathy (pop. 1,888). The town of Samos is the largest on the island, and the heart of its economy based on tourism. Vathy is a sister city of Kuşadası, Turkey since October 28, 1999.
- Themistoklis Sophoulis (1860–1949), politician
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- http://www.kusadasi.bel.tr/belediye/vathy.asp Kuşadası-Vathy
- Official website (Greek)
- Samos Travel
- Poseidon Hotel Kokkari Samos Greece
- Hotels and Studio Room Information Kokkari Samos Greece
- Anatoli Suites by Tsamadou beach, Kokkari
- Armonia bay by Tsamadou beach, Kokkari
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vathy, Samos.|
|This North Aegean location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|