View of Vathy.
|Administrative region||North Aegean|
|• Municipal unit||125.2 km2 (48.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||12,517|
|• Municipal unit density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|• Population||3,147 (2011)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Postal code||831 00|
Vathy (Greek: Βαθύ, Vathý) is a town and a former municipality on the island of Samos, North Aegean, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Samos, of which it is a municipal unit. It is the capital and main town of the island. The municipal unit has an area of 125.153 km2. The municipal unit comprises numerous towns, villages, and settlements, but its two largest are Samos (town) (pop. 6,191 in 2011), and Vathy (pop. 1,888). The town of Samos is the largest on the island, and the heart of its economy based on tourism. Vathy is a sister city of Kuşadası, Turkey since October 28, 1999.
- Themistoklis Sophoulis (1860–1949), politician
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- http://www.kusadasi.bel.tr/belediye/vathy.asp Kuşadası-Vathy
- Official website (in Greek)
- Samos Travel
- Poseidon Hotel Kokkari Samos Greece
- Hotels and Studio Room Information Kokkari Samos Greece
- Anatoli Suites by Tsamadou beach, Kokkari
- Armonia bay by Tsamadou beach, Kokkari
- Houses with private swimming pools and amazing view to the Aegean - Mouzakis Villas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vathy, Samos.|