Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Vatican in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Vatican may refer to:
The Holy See
- The Holy See, the governing body of the Roman Catholic Church and sovereign entity recognized by international law, consisting of the pope and the Roman Curia
- A metonym for the governance of the Roman Catholic Church, particularly when attributing doctrine.
- Roman Curia, the administrative apparatus of the Holy See
- Vatican Library, of the Roman Curia.
- Vatican Secret Archives, which were separated from the Vatican Library in the 17th century
- Vatican Publishing House, the publisher of official documents of the Holy See, separated from the Vatican Library in 1926
- Vatican City, the city-state ruled by the pope in Rome, including St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums
- Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the pope on the Vatican Hill, sometimes called the Vatican Palace
- St. Peter's Basilica, principal church on the Vatican Hill, also known as the Vatican Basilica
- Vatican Museums, contain cultural wealth of the Vatican
- Ager Vaticanus, the alluvial plain on the right bank of the Tiber down to the Aventine hill and up to the confluence of the Cremera creek
- Vatican Hill, a hill in Rome on the opposite side of the Tiber from the traditional seven hills of Rome
- Vatican, Louisiana, an unincorporated community in the United States
- The Vatican (mixtape), a mixtape by Natas
- Vatican Miracle Examiner, a 2016 Japanese light novel series
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Vatican.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.