From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Vatican (disambiguation))
Vatican may refer to:
- The Holy See, the central governing body of the Catholic Church and sovereign entity recognized by international law, consisting of the pope and the Roman Curia.
- A metonym for the Catholic Church, particularly when attributing doctrine
- Roman Curia, the administrative apparatus of the Holy See
- Vatican City, the city-state ruled by the pope, in existence since 1929, on the Vatican Hill in Rome, and which includes St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums
- Vatican Hill, a hill in Rome, after which the Vatican is named, on the opposite side of the Tiber from the traditional seven hills of Rome
- Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the pope on the Vatican Hill (sometimes referred to as the Vatican Palace)
- St. Peter's Basilica, also known as the Vatican Basilica, the principal church on the Vatican Hill
- Vatican Museums, which contain cultural wealth of the Vatican
- Vatican watcher, a journalist who reports news concerning the Holy See and the Roman Curia
- Other uses
- Vatican, Louisiana, a town in the United States
- The Vatican (mixtape), a mixtape by Natas
- Vatican Commandos, a hardcore punk band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Vatican.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.