|Produced by||A. R. Murugadoss|
|Cinematography||R. B. Gurudev|
|Edited by||Praveen K. L.
N. B. Srikanth
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
Vathikuchi (English:Matchstick) is a 2013 Indian Tamil-language action thriller film written and directed by newcomer Kinslin and produced by A. R. Murugadoss in association with Fox Star Studios. The film featured Dileepan and Anjali in leading roles, while Jayaprakash, Sampath Raj and Jagan appear in other pivotal roles. The film, which has music composed by Ghibran, opened in March 2013 to a positive response from critics and performed well at the box office.
- Dileepan as Sakthi
- Anjali as Meena
- Sampath Raj as Benny
- Jayaprakash as Gangariya
- Jagan as Vanaraj
- Akhil Kumar as Golicha
- Saranya Ponvannan as Sakthi's mother
- Pattimandram Raja as Sakthi's father
- Vatsan Chakravarthy as Praveen
- Ravi Mariya
- Sriranjini as Meena's mother
- Bala Singh
- Angana Roy
The film was first announced in January 2012, when it was revealed that Murugadoss's brother Dileepan "The Spark" would make his debut as an actor in a venture to be co-produced by Fox Star Studios. Murugadoss chose the film's title as reference to the song 'Vathikuchi Pathikadhuda...' from his first directorial venture Dheena.
After winning accolades for her performance as a chirpy young nurse in Engaeyum Eppothum, Anjali was signed up by producer A R Murugadoss for his second successive production. Impressed with M Ghibran's score in Vaagai Sooda Vaa, both Murugadoss and Kinslin decided to sign him on for the film.
Vathikuchi received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Vivek Ramz from in.com rated it 3 out of 5 and stated that Vathikuchi is more brawny than brainy. He added that Director Kinslin shows promise in his debut film with different treatment for this somewhat cliched story. His way of storytelling is realistic at times with very grounded level approach towards a common man issue. The problem with the film is that he has introduced too many characters and made few simple situations more complex which works at times and at other times backfired. Finally concluding that it's not a bad film at all and can be watched once! Tikkview.com gives 3/5 for Vathikuchi. and their review says that "Usual story line.We may seen this story in many movies.But narration style is really good." Indiaglitz says "Economic ride jarred by minor speedbrakers, yet reaches the destination on time!". Behindwood remained neutral with 2.5/5 saying "Vathikuchi has equal moments that will interest you as well as make you restless in your seat"
|Soundtrack album by Ghibran|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sa Re Ga Ma|
|1.||"Kuru Kuru"||Na. Muthukumar||Sundar Narayana Rao||04:30|
|2.||"Amma wake me"||Pa. Vijay & Shabir||Shruthi Ravi, Anitha Karthikeyan & Shabir||04:28|
|3.||"Kanna Kanna"||Arivumathi||Sundar Narayana Rao||04:54|
|4.||"Ari Unnai"||Yugabharathi||Shabir & Saisharan ||04:11|
Indiaglitz.com gave 4 out of 5 and wrote that, "Even if this album is not a sensation, everybody is bound to carry the repertoire to their shower, and hum these numbers all through the day, for these songs, certainly leave a lasting impression. Four voices, four lyricists, few strings, some beats and keys, and one young man behind them all - this is yet another musical magic from Ghibran"
- "Anjali plays tough". Times of India. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Chennai Box-Office - Mar 29 to 31". Sify.com. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "AR Murugadoss's 'Vathikuchi'?". IndiaGlitz. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Murugadoss ropes in Anjali again!". Times of India. 5 January 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Murugadoss picks Ghibran". IndiaGlitz. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "More on Dileepan - Anjali's Vathikuchi". IndiaGlitz. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "What movies to watch on the Independence day?". Behindwoods. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Tamil movie review: Vathikuchi is more brawny than brainy!". In.com. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Vathikuchi - Find what you like". tikkview. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Vathikuchi Tamil Movie Review - cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Vathikuchi Movie Review". behindwoods.com. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Vathikuchi (Music review), Tamil – Ghibran". Milliblog. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Ghibran teams up with AR Murugadoss". Behindwoods. 6 February 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (23 February 2013). "Will it set the box office on fire? - The Hindu". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Vathikuchi Music Review songs lyrics". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-10-05.