|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
The band was founded in 2013, after Pepino was recruited to provide vocals on Freeman and Vella's musical project. Their first track as a group, "Cry No More", was posted to SoundCloud independently in 2013; it gathered 100,000 plays within its first week.
Their debut single, "Premonitions", was released in 2014 by independent record label National Anthem. They released their first EP, Vultures, later in the same year. After being signed to Virgin EMI in 2014, Vaults released debut major-label single "Lifespan", followed by "Vultures". During the summer of 2014, Vaults performed at the Lovebox, T in the Park, and Reading and Leeds festivals.
In 2015, they released single "One Last Night", which later appeared on the motion picture soundtrack for Fifty Shades of Grey. This was followed by a re-issue of "Cry No More". They released their second EP, also titled Cry No More, on 31 July 2015. Pepino appeared on Gorgon City single, "All Four Walls", in March 2016.
The band collectively announced the decision to split on 25 May 2017 on their official Facebook page, citing the loss of a creative spark for the band.
Dear Vaulters, it is with a heavy heart we post this today, but after much discussion we have decided to go our separate ways. The last few years have been equally amazing and very challenging, both on personal and professional levels. After caught in still was released we took some much needed time off, but when we discussed how we might go forward it became clear that the spark you need to make a band work had gone. We leave on good terms, with some amazing memories and feeling very proud of the record we put out. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts to everyone that ever came to a gig, caught us at a festival, or bought a record, and everyone from management to label to live team that's ever worked with us. It's meant the world to us. Much love BB&B x— Vaults, https://www.facebook.com/Vaults
Pepino now performs with the band Mesadorm (originally founded in 2015), who released debut album, Heterogaster, on 11 May 2018.
|Caught in Still Life||
|Cry No More||
As lead artist
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2014||"Premonitions"||—||—||Caught in Still Life|
|2015||"Cry No More"||—||—|
|"One Day I'll Fly Away"||53||15|
As featured artist
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2016||"All Four Walls"
(Gorgon City featuring Vaults)
- "Vaults - Biography". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "The Interview: Vaults". Hunger. 3 February 2015. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Hawkins, Shane (2015-10-08). "Video Premiere: Vaults - "Premonitions"". Wonderland. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Dingwall, John (2015-06-17). "T in the Park organisers announce new acts to play the BBC introducing stage". Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- DeVille, Chris (2014-07-15). "Vaults – "Lifespan" (Stereogum Premiere)". Stereogum. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Singleton, Micah (2015-02-11). "The Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack is one of the best albums of 2015". The Verge. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Murray, Robin (9 June 2015). "Vaults Introduce 'Cry No More' EP". Clash. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Stanley, Sean (25 June 2015). "Vaults share video for 'Cry No More'". DIY. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Brown, Harley (2016-03-18). "Gorgon City Share Stirring New Track Featuring Vaults, 'All Four Walls'". Spin. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Golby, Joel (2016-07-08). "Midnight River by Vaults – the best of this week's new music". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Foster, Alistair (2016-04-13). "Vaults singer: I'm a bit kinky but I think most people are". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- White, Jack (2016-11-07). "This year's John Lewis Christmas advert will be a cover of One Day I'll Fly Away performed by Vaults". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Vaults". Facebook.com. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- "Mesadorm". Babylegs Records. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Hamilton, Chloe (2016-02-04). "Vaults' lead singer Blythe Pepino on her polyamorous relationship". The Independent. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Caught in Still Life by Vaults on Apple Music".
- "VAULTS - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company".
- "Official Scottish Singles Chart Top 100 - Official Charts Company".