Vazelina Bilopphøggers is a Norwegian band founded in 1980, in Gjøvik, Norway. They are known for their comedic re-interpretations of old rockabilly songs, where they re-write the lyrics in their own dialect. They have had several hits in Norway and have worked with many Norwegian stage artists and comedians. They have also been interpreted through comic books and computer games. In December 2000 they starred in a Christmas revue on TV 2.
They are one of the active groups in Norway that have been playing the longest. The name, as the myth goes, was improvised on the phone, when they needed a band name in their first competition, where they won. Bilopphøggers is the Norwegian name for auto wreckers, and drummer Arnulf Paulsen runs a wrecking yard on the side.
- Kjetil Foseid – singer (2006-)
- Eldar Vågan – guitar, accordion (1980-)
- Jan Einar Johnsen – saxophone, organ (1980-)
- Arnulf Paulsen – drums (1980-)
- Tor Welo – piano and keyboard (1990-)
- Terje Methi – bass guitar (1991-)
- Asgeir Hoel – bass guitar (1980)
- Hallvard Høynes – choir (1980)
- Torbjørn Nicolaysen – bass guitar (1980–1981)
- Bjørn Bogetvedt – choir (1980–1981)
- Bjørn Berg – vocalist (1980–1981)
- Espen Røed – bass guitar (1981)
- Rune Endal – bass guitar and double bass (1981–1991)
- Viggo Sandvik – trumpet accordion vocalist (1981–2006)
Former live members
- Lasse Hafreager – piano and keyboard (1980–1989)¨
- Tom Berg – saxophone and flute (1988–2008)
- 1980: 24 timers service
- 1981: Slitin i knea
- 1982: Blålys
- 1983: På Tur
- 1984: Fem fyrer med ved
- 1985: 5 års jubileum
- 1986: Musikk tel arbe
- 1987: Gå for gull
- 1989: Tempo
- 1990: Full behandling
- 1992: 11 år uten kvinnfolk
- 1994: Rock-a-doodle
- 1994: Gammel Oppland
- 1996: Hææærli' på toppen ta væla
- 2000: Hjulkalender
- 2005: Bedre hell' all medisin!
- 2007: Bensin på bålet!
- The album Gammel Oppland is named after a Norwegian aquavit by the same name. The original cover of the record was a mock-up of the beverage's Gammel Oppland's label, but was later changed, due to protests.
- The cover of their album Hææærli' på toppen ta væla is a mock-up of the cover of The Beatles' album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.