January 19, 1963 |
Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.
Veanne Cox (born January 19, 1963) is an American stage and screen actress and former ballet dancer.
Her Broadway debut was in the Marvin Hamlisch musical Smile (1986). She appeared in the Roundabout Theatre revival of Stephen Sondheim's Company (1995), as "Amy", for which she received a Tony Award nomination, and both The Public Theater (2003) and the Broadway productions of Caroline, or Change (2004) as Rose. Cox appeared in the made-for-television movie Cinderella (1997) as one of the stepsisters, and later acted in Erin Brockovich as Theresa Dallavale. She has appeared in episodes of many television series, such as Boston Legal, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Seinfeld, and Judging Amy.
Selected stage credits
Cox's theatre performances include:
- An American in Paris — Palace Theatre — 2015
- La Cage aux Folles — Broadway revival — 2010
- The Beaux' Stratagem — The Shakespeare Theatre — 2006
- The Wooden Breeks — Lucille Lortel Theatre — 2006
"A Lifetime With A Pencil"
- Caroline, or Change – Eugene O'Neill Theater – 2004
- House/Garden — Manhattan Theatre Club — 2002
- The Altruists — Vineyard Theatre — 2000
- Company – Roundabout Theater – 1995
Cox's film and television performances include:
- Seinfeld (1994), 1 episode: "The Fire", Toby
- Island City (1994), Helen
- Cinderella (1997), Calliope
- You've Got Mail (1998), Miranda Margulies
- Erin Brockovich (2000), Theresa Dallavale
- Beethoven's 4th (2001), Martha Sedgewick
- Joan of Arcadia (2004), 2x14
- Louie (2011), 1 episode: "Halloween/Ellie", Ellie
- Pan Am (2011), 3 episodes
- Smash (2013), 3 episodes
- Veanne Cox at the Internet Broadway Database
- Veanne Cox at the Internet Movie Database
- Theatre Mania article, October 27, 2005
- Lortel listing
- Diva Talk:Playbill June 18, 2004