||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public (TSX: VCM)|
|Headquarters||Victoria, British Columbia,
Number of employees
|Website||Vecima Networks Inc.|
Vecima Networks Inc. is a Canadian company that was founded in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in 1988. Vecima has offices in Saskatoon, Burnaby, and Victoria. Vecima also has a software development facility in Mangalore, India. Vecima sells its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, MSOs and other service providers.
Sumit Kumar is the CEO and president. Surinder Kumar is the founder of the company and is the chairman of the board.
- 2006 – Rebranded and changed company name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2005 – VCom transitioned to a public company and was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol VCM.
- 2003 – Changed name to VCom Inc and continued as a federal corporation pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- 1998 – Relocated head office to Victoria, BC.
- Mid-1990s – Opened a microwave research facility in Victoria, BC.
- 1990 – Introduced its first commercial products, a line of modulators for the cable television industry.
- 1988 – Dr. Surinder Kumar founded and incorporated Wavecom Electronics Inc in Saskatoon, SK.
- "BusinessWeek – Company Profile".
- "ANNUAL INFORMATION FORM for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013".
- "Vecima Announces Planned Succession and New Board Member" (PDF).
- "VCom Inc. Files Final Prospectus for $25 Million Initial Public Offering" (PDF).