|Public (TSX: VCM)|
|Headquarters||Victoria, British Columbia,
Number of employees
|401 (March 2017)|
|Website||Vecima Networks Inc.|
Vecima Networks Inc. is a Canadian company that was founded in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in 1988. Vecima has offices in Saskatoon, Burnaby, and Victoria. Vecima sells its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, MSOs and other service providers.
Sumit Kumar is the CEO and president. Surinder Kumar is the founder of the company and is the chairman of the board.
- 2006 – Rebranded and changed company name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2005 – VCom transitioned to a public company and was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol VCM.
- 2003 – Changed name to VCom Inc and continued as a federal corporation pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- 1998 – Relocated head office to Victoria, BC.
- Mid-1990s – Opened a microwave research facility in Victoria, BC.
- 1990 – Introduced its first commercial products, a line of modulators for the cable television industry.
- 1988 – Dr. Surinder Kumar founded and incorporated Wavecom Electronics Inc in Saskatoon, SK.