|Publisher||Bonnier Tidskrifter AB|
|Final issue||December 2018|
|Company||Bonnier Media Group|
VeckoRevyn (Swedish: Weekly Review) was a Swedish lifestyle and women's magazine published in Stockholm, Sweden. It was published in print copies between 1935 and December 2018. Since 2019, it is only digitally available.
History and profile
It was Bonnier's then development manager Gunny Widell who refocused the magazine, which gave her the Grand Journalist Award in 1981. Veckorevyn.com started in 2001 and is today one of Sweden's largest magazine sites. Every week, Veckorevyn arranges the blog event Blog Awards and runs the campaign Size Hero - for healthier ideals in the fashion industry.
It was launched as a weekly magazine. In later years, it has reduced the frequency of publishing, in line with declining circulation and investments on the Internet. It was published weekly between 1935 and 1999, while until 2011 it was published fortnightly. Starting with the October 2011 issue, it was published monthly, with the aim of producing a magazine with fuller editorial material. By 2016, it became a bimonthly. At the same time, a large part of its young readers considered having abandoned it. However, no name change was relevant, as the publisher considered "Veckorevyn" to be a strong brand.
- "Printutgåvan läggs ner och Irena Pozar tar över driften av Veckorevyn". Dagens Media (in Swedish). 13 December 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- "VeckoRevyn". Sveriges Tidskrifter. Archived from the original on 21 March 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Western Europe 2003. New York; London: Europa Publications. 2002. p. 630. ISBN 978-1-85743-152-0.
- "Tidskrifter Magazines". Foreignlegion (in Swedish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Maria Grafström (2006). The Development of Swedish Business Journalism (PhD thesis). Uppsala University. ISSN 1103-8454.
- Patrik Aspers (2012). Markets in Fashion: A phenomenological approach. London; New York: Routledge. p. 208. ISBN 978-1-134-28080-3.