|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
The Vector WX8 was a sports car prototype manufactured by Vector Motors. It was first unveiled at the 2007 LA Auto Show, revealing the development and the company`s ambitious intentions of creating a next generation sports car successor to their previous models. Vector claimed the WX8 may achieve a top speed of 270 mph (430 km/h) and a zero-to-60 mph time as low as 2.3 seconds for the version of the car equipped with a 10-liter turbocharged engine. This engine was described variously on the company's website as being capable of "1800+ HP", "1850+ HP", and "over 1250 horsepower". The prototype was criticized by automotive journalists for using Toyota Supra Mk IV headlights and resembling a third generation Chevrolet Camaro.
As of August 2018, Vector Motors reportedly was still actively developing the vehicle. It was reported that the company seeks to sell two Vector WX-3 prototypes for US$3.5 million to secure further funding of development operations. Vector's website announced the WX-8 will be equipped with a choice of two potential engines: a 10.0 liter big-block V-8 or an electric/hybrid 7.0 liter small-block V-8.
- Gall, Jared (November 1, 2007). "Vector Avtech WX-8 HPV". Car and Driver. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Spinelli, Mike (November 13, 2007). "Blasting From the Past: Vector Avtech WX8". Jalopnik. Gizmodo Media Group. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- "Vector Avtech WX-8 and Dimora Natalia SLS 2". Car and Driver. May 12, 2009. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Ludlow, Erik. "A super car with Supra Headlights, ever heard of it? It's the Vector WX8". CarThrottle. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Filipponio, Frank (November 14, 2007). "LA 2007: Vector Avtech WX-8 even worse in person, but there's hope". Autoblog. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Szymkowski, Sam (August 11, 2018). "America's Vector wants to build a new WX8 hypercar". Motor Authority. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Gilboy, James (August 3, 2018). "Vector Motors Selling WX-3 Prototype to Fund New Hypercar Development". The Drive. Meredith Corporation. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Bigg, Martin (August 14, 2018). "The Vector WX-8 Supercar Could Be America's Answer To Ferrari And Lamborghini". Carbuzz. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|