Veda Beaux Reves
|Other names||Enda McGrattan, Annmarie O'Connor|
|Occupation||drag queen, musician|
Winner of the 1999 Alternative Miss Ireland competition, In 2002 she formed indie rock group Daddy's Little Princess who later went on to support Scissor Sisters on tour in 2004 . In 2006 Veda along with fellow drag artist Davina Devine formed electropop duo LadyFace. In 2010, Veda released her debut album Stars Edge which peaked in the top ten of the Irish charts. In summer 2010, Veda performed at Electric Picnic and headlined the Milk festival.
The Irish Times, in a positive review of the album Stars Edge, wrote, "It's cheeky, glam and often cheesy, but also a lot of fun". In a mixed review, The Sunday Business Post wrote, "Insubstantially frothy at all times, Stars Edge still packs enough of a glittery punch to hold the attention."
Veda released "Exhibit A" in May 2015. It is her first single to be taken from her third album. The single features musician and artists The Late David Turpin, who also stars in the music video alongside Veda's drag-daughter Angelinna Lovelace. The single was promoted with various performances in The George, Pantibar and Body & Soul 2015
Space N Veda
Veda currently hosts a weekly drag show called Space 'N Veda every Wednesday night at Dublin's best known gay bar, The George. The show features a mix of drag, comedy, music and cabaret performances. Veda is joined weekly by a number of established drag queens including Pixie Woo, Regina George, Angelinna Lovelace and Alicia Ravenswood.
- O'Connor, Annmarie (6 December 2009). "The power of drag: Want to make an entrance? Annmarie O'Connor meets just the 'gal' to show you how", The Sunday Times, p. 21.
-  Archived April 10, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Scissor Sisters 2004 Summer Tour - Review - Music is the Victim!!". Ciao.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- (13 August 2010). "Marc Pops in for a Picnic", The Sun, p. 5.
- Murphy, Lauren (18 December 2009). "Pop/Rock: Veda: Stars Edge", The Irish Times, p. 14
- (22 November 2009). "Listen, look, play: Veda: Stars Edge", The Sunday Business Post.
|This biographical article about an Irish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|