|Hamburg S-Bahn station|
Entrance to Veddel station in February 2010
|Location||Wilhelmsburger Platz 10
21109 Hamburg, Germany
|Owned by||DB Station&Service|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Tracks||2 side tracks|
|Structure type||at grade|
|Parking||Park and ride (677 slots)|
|Station code||ds100: AVLS
DB station code:6399
Type: Hp Category: 4
Veddel (BallinStadt) is a rapid transit station on the Harburg S-Bahn line and served by the trains of Hamburg S-Bahn. The railway station is located in the Veddel, Borough of Hamburg-Mitte, Hamburg, Germany. The station is managed by DB Station&Service, a subsiary of the German railway company Deutsche Bahn AG. The station is listed as a Halt point (Haltepunkt), a passenger stop situated on an open stretch of line, and lacking specific signals.
On 1 December 1897, the Cöln-Mindener Eisenbahn started its service on the Rollbahn line. In 1983 — after 10 years of construction, the first part of Hamburg's southern S-Bahn line from Central Station toward Harburg were completed and opened with the new Veddel station.
The station is not fully accessible for handicapped persons. Before 1983, the station building was a brick building with an island platform and one entrance. Since the new S-Bahn line, it has exits on both ends of an island platform and a simple flat roof.
|Preceding station||Hamburg S-Bahn||Following station|
Facilities at the station
- "Park+Ride car parks". hvv.de. Hamburger Verkehrsverbund (HVV). Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Fare Zone Plan (PDF), Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, retrieved 2009-03-18
- Liste Bahnhofskategorie 2008 (pdf), DB Station&Service AG, Köthener Straße 2, 10963 Berlin (2008) (German)
- Höltge, Dieter; Kochems, Michael (2008), Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in Deutschland, Band (in German), 11: Hamburg, Freiburg: EisenbahnKurier, p. 251, ISBN 978-3-88255-392-5
- Borchers, Heimann, Pischek, p. 273
- DB-Konzern Veddel (in German), Deutsche Bahn, 2009, retrieved 2009-03-31
- Borchers, Jan; Heimann, Martin; Pischek, Wolfgang (2002), Die Hamburg S-Bahn (in German), Munich: GeraMond, p. 50, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7
- Rapid Transit/Regional Rail (PDF), Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, 2008-12-14, retrieved 2009-03-26
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to S-Bahn Station Veddel.|
|This Hamburg rapid transit-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hamburg S-Bahn-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in Hamburg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|