P. SaisureshJoel Jayakumar
|24 August 2001|
Vedham is an Indian Tamil-language romance film released in 2001. The film has Arjun and Sakshi in the lead roles with Vineeth, Divya Unni, Goundamani and Senthil playing important roles. Arjun is the director of the movie. The film were critically acclaimed. Actor Vishal worked as one of the assistant directors in the film.
This movie is about how Vijay (Arjun) travels to a new location and fixes a marriage in tatters. Anitha (Divya Unni) and Sanjay (Vineeth) are on the verge of breaking the marriage when Vijay narrates his love story and makes them fond of each other. However, at the end of the movie, Vijay's story was partially fiction as his wife Seetha (Sakshi Shivanand) is now dead.
- Arjun as Vijay
- Sakshi Shivanand as Seetha
- Mumtaj as Pooja
- Vineeth as Sanjay
- Divya Unni as Anitha Sanjay
- Goundamani as Govindsamy
- Chinni Jayanth
- Venniradai Moorthy
|Soundtrack album by Vidyasagar|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Soundtrack is composed by Vidyasagar. The song "Malai Kaatru" was reused from composer's own Malayalam song "Oru Raathri Koodi" which appeared in Malayalam film Summer in Bethlehem. Lyrics written by Vairamuthu and Pa. Vijay.
- Malai Kaatru - Hariharan, Mahalakshmi Iyer
- Konji Konji Pesi - S. P. Balasubramaniam
- Oh Anbe - Shankar Mahadevan
- Hey Meenalochani - Shankar Mahadevan, Swarnalatha
- Mudhal Poo - Hariharan, Sujatha
- Umma Ayya - Sriram Parthasarathy
Sify wrote, "Action King Arjun’s maiden directorial Vedham is sleep inducing. Arjun should stick to patriotism, guns and scantly clad girls dancing in ribaldry. But here he wants to experiment with the idea – “To be in love for ever” but ends up making an insufferable film that leaves you with a migraine'. The Hindu wrote, "Generally it is patriotism that is the underlying theme of Arjun's films. But in Vedham he deviates much, to talk about the sanctity of the institution of marriage and glorify the familial unit. The message is loud and clear - so clear that it turns didactic". The film did not well in box office.
- "Review :". www.sify.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "The Hindu : Film Review: Vedham". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "The Hindu : The last action hero". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|