|Directed by||A. Govindamoorthy|
|Produced by||M. Senthil Kumar, P.S. Ganesh|
Praveen K. L.|
N. B. Srikanth
|Box office||24.7 crore|
mostly positive reviews for Vadivelu's comedy in this film is outstanding and he steals the show by his superb comedy.
The movie is set in the village of Kizhrajakularaman in Rajapalayam district. Vedigundu Murugesan (Pasupathy) is a small-time guy who breaks the law occasionally, but is a Good Samaritan in the eyes of the local judge (Nirmala Perisamy) as he provides shelter and looks after a mentally challenged girl Ponni (Deepa) who were deserted by her parents. He earns his living fetching water for factories and hotels in his village.
A lady constable Nachiya (Jyothirmayi), who rubs Murugesan the wrong way, falls in love with him due to his humanitarian nature and the will to help others. Soon, Ponni is raped by one of the baddies, leading to the final climax in the hospital.
- Pasupathy as Murugesan
- Vadivelu as Alert Aarumugam
- Nirmala Periyasamy as Judge
- Deepa as Ponni
- Raneesh as Kodanchan
- Veera as Ganesh
- Neenda Dhooram - Dhina, Yesudas
- Manjapattu - Malathi, Senthil
- Seenicheevu Sivappukari - Dharshana, Shankar Vasudevan
- Sarale Sarale - Madhu Balakrishnan, Madhushree
- Rottoram - Pasupathi, Dhina, Velmurugan, Vadivelu Ganeshan, Pichai Arasu, Grace Karunas, Hemambiga, Moorthi, Bhava Lakshmanan
Rediff wrote:"Despite its many failings and loop-holes, Vedigundu Murugesan does work at times chiefly because the climax and screenplay try to rise above the ordinary". Indiaglitz wrote:"There's a certain deftness that you need to have, to handle both comedy and sentiment in the same vein. Moorthy, whose 'Vedigundu Murugesan' has just released, definitely displays that". Behindwoods wrote:"there is nothing much to rave about the story and ditto with the performances and the direction. Awful dialogues, in the guise of comedy only tests your patience further as you are busy stifling yawns".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 December 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|