This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Niels Elburg|
1.5.47 / February 14, 2015
|Written in||C, Asm|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Veejay functions as a video tracker and editing tool, as well as a realtime video sequencer and effects generator that allows for live interaction. Additionally, the generated content can be recorded to disk for future use.
The project was started in June 2002 by Niels Elburg, Matthijs van Henten and Dursun Koca with the objective to provide a tool that would allow the user to play the video like a piano (a visual instrument) and record the resulting video directly to disk (video sampling).
Veejay is not a traditional video editing application; The application aims for a high level of interoperability with other Audio/video applications through the use of Shared resources, Loop devices, various messaging protocols such as Midi, OSC and veejay's internal message system VIMS, but also through supporting third party modules such as Frei0r plugins and frameworks like Pure Data. It offers a wide range of video effects, a Video Keyboard for the video artist and it offers scripting capabilities for use in (automated) video installations.
Veejay has separated the video processing core from the user interface, allowing the user(s) to control (multiple instances of) the application over the network.
- Support for MJPEG and other Intra-frame Editing Codecs
- Client/server architecture
- Live editing
- Live recording
- Frame accurate
- Loop-based editing (Video sampling).
- Trick play
- Non-destructive editing
- Native YUV processing
- Support for video capture devices
- Slow motion
- More than 140 built-in realtime effects
- Effect chaining
- Support for Frei0r
- Support for interpolation of effect parameters
- Realtime mixing of video (Overlay, Chroma Keying, Blending, Transitions)
- Dynamic Frame rate
- Support for audio through JACK Audio Connection Kit
- Support for Multitrack
- Remote control via Open Sound Control, MIDI and Veejay's own protocol VIMS
- Support for Vloopback
- Almost all functions can be controlled with the keyboard or MIDI controller
- Configurable video window placement
- Support for realtime audio time-scale/pitch modification
- Macro recording and playback
- MIDI learning
- Crash recovery
- ,License Information page
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|