It has been suggested that INS Veer (K40), INS Nirbhik (K41), INS Nipat (K42), INS Nishank (K43), INS Nirghat (K44), INS Vibhuti (K45), INS Vipul (K46), INS Vinash (K47), INS Vidyut (K48), INS Nashak (K83), INS Prabal (K92) and INS Pralaya (K91) be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2017.
|Preceded by:||Durg class|
|Succeeded by:||Khukri class|
|Length:||56 m (184 ft)|
|Beam:||10.5 m (34 ft)|
|Draught:||2.5 m (8 ft 2 in)|
|Speed:||32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph)|
|Complement:||41 (5 officers)|
Eight vessels of this class inherit their names from the 25th Killer missile boat squadron, which attacked and sank two destroyers, a minesweeper and various other support vessels off Karachi during Operation Trident and Operation Python of the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
The last two vessels of this class were built as the upgraded Tarantul V with 16 SS-N-25 'Switchblade' / URAN E Missiles, 1 OTO Melara 76 mm instead of the AK-176, and MR 352 Positiv-E (NATO: Cross Dome) Radar.
On 28 April 2016, INS Veer and INS Nipat were the first Veer-class corvettes to be decommissioned from the Indian Navy.
Ships of the class
|INS Veer||K40||Mumbai||26 March 1987||28 April 2016||Decommissioned|
|INS Nirbhik||K41||Mumbai||21 December 1987||11 January 2018||Decommissioned|
|INS Nipat||K42||Port Blair||5 December 1988||28 April 2016||Decommissioned|
|INS Nishank||K43||Kochi||12 September 1989||Active|
|INS Nirghat||K44||Mumbai||15 December 1989||11 January 2018||Decommissioned|
|INS Vibhuti||K45||Mazagon Dock Limited||Mumbai||3 June 1991||Active|
|INS Vipul||K46||Mazagon Dock Limited||Mumbai||16 March 1992||Active|
|INS Vinash||K47||Goa Shipyard Limited||Mumbai||20 November 1993||Active|
|INS Vidyut||K48||Goa Shipyard Limited||Kochi||16 January 1995||Active|
|INS Nashak||K83||Goa Shipyard Limited||Port Blair||29 December 1996||Active|
|INS Prahar||K98||Goa Shipyard Limited||Mumbai||1 March 1997||Sunk in collision on 22 April 2006|
|INS Prabal||K92||Mazagon Dock Limited||Mumbai||11 April 2002||Active|
|INS Pralaya||K91||Goa Shipyard Limited||Mumbai||18 December 2002||Active|
- Indian Naval Ships-Corvettes-Veer Class Archived 19 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Veer (Tarantul I) Class". Bharat Rakshak. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- [dead link]
- Indian Navy Celebrates `Killers Nite' Archived 9 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "K91 INS Pralaya". Bharat Rakshak. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Indian Naval Ships Veer and Nipat to be decommissioned tomorrow". www.indiannavy.nic.in. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Indian Naval Ships Veer and Nipat to be decommissioned tomorrow | Indian Navy". indiannavy.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "After serving country for three decades, INS Nirbhik and Nirghat decommissioned". 2018-01-12.