Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
|University College of Engineering, Burla|
|Motto||Siddhirbhawati Karmajā (Sanskrit)|
|Chancellor||Governor of Odisha|
Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, formerly known as the University College of Engineering, Burla, is a state university located in Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha, India. Established in 1956, it is the oldest engineering college in Odisha. UCE Burla, its former name, was officially changed to its current name on 10th June, 2009, as a result of a resolution by the Government of Odisha to accord it with the status of a unitary university.
The university was declared eligible to receive central assistance under Section 12B of the UGC Act in 2012.
Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology was initially founded as University College of Engineering(UCE), Burla, under the direction of the Government of Odisha, as the first engineering college of the state, in 1956. The primary purpose of the college was to supplement white collar workers, in the form of electrical, civil, and mechanical engineers, to the nearby Hirakud Dam project. The foundation for the college was laid by the first Prime Minister of the country, Jawaharlal Nehru. The first batch contained 20 students, consisting of 3 branches, namely Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The University later passed on to the administrative control of the Sambalpur University, and then under the control of the Biju Patnaik University of Technology. In 2008, the students of UCE actively campaigned for due recognition as an independent university, culminating in the university being founded in 2009.
|01||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)|
|02||Bachelor of Architectur)|
|03||Master of Technology(M.Tech)|
|04||Master of Science(M.Sc.)|
|05||Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)|
|06||Master in Computer Application(MCA)|
|07||Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.)|
The university, located close to the Hirakud dam, occupies about 300 acres of prime land in Burla. Keeping abreast with the modern developments, it is constantly restructuring itself and renovating its physical infrastructure as well as its research and education facilities. Facilities in laboratories of various departments and central facilities such as Computer Centre, Library, Internet Centre and workshop, separate hostels for boys and girls, conference hall, recreational amenities and other utility services are adequately available for the students in the Campus.
Halls of Residence
The university provides on-campus residential facilities to its students, research scholars, faculty members and many of its staff. The students live in hostels (referred to as halls of residence) throughout their stay in the campus. Hostel rooms are wired for internet, for which students pay a compulsory charge. There are 11 halls of residences including 5 for girls and 6 for boys.
|01||Marichi Hall of Residence|
|02||Atri Hall of Residence|
|03||Kratu Hall of Residence|
|04||Arundhati Hall of Residence|
|05||Anuradha Hall of Residence|
|06||Vasistha Hall of Residence|
|07||Visakha Hall of Residence|
|08||Angira Hall of Residence|
|09||Pulastya Hall of Residence|
|10||Rohini Hall of Residence|
|11||Vasundhara Hall of Residence|
|12||Pulaha Hall of Residence|
The university offers a vibrant and proactive campus culture by providing various opportunities to student to showcase their talent and skills through various societies and festivals and on campus events.
- AIR-1 in Design, Go-green and CAE event at BAJA-SAE India 2020 at Punjab
- AIR-1 in Dirt-X and Endurance event at Enduro Student India 2017 at Coimbatore by BAJA-SAE team.
- AIR-3 in MATLAB Innovation for ROBOCON-2018 
- AIR-2 in EYANTRA Robotic Competition conducted by IIT, Bombay & MHRD 
- SAE Team secured 3rd in the Cost Presentation Event and 4th in Design Evaluation Event at FFS INDIA 2k19, Coimbatore. They even secured an overall rank of 7th in the complete event.
- Winners at India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP 2.0) organised TATA Trust & DST 
- Student satellite program in Limca book of records.
- The student satellite Team was called on by the Prime Minister, Mr Narendra Modi in his monthly radio address, Mann ki Baat, for their resounding success in developing fully functional prototypes of satellite launch vehicles.
- Winners of University Challenge, IIGP 2018(Indian Innovation Growth Programme) 2.0, Government of India.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2020)||150-200|
|NIRF (Universities) (2020)||100-150|
|Engineering – India|
- "Vice Chancellor's Desk :: Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology". www.vssut.ac.in. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "UCE becomes Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology". OdishaLinks. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2008.
- "History :: Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology". www.vssut.ac.in. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Campus". Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology.
- "VSSUT Burla bags 2nd Runnerup (AIR 3) for MATLAB Innovation in ROBOCON 2018, prestigious national Robotics event of India". 5 March 2018.
- "VSSUT Burla team wins 2nd rank in All India Robotics Competition organized by IIT Bombay and Ministry of HRD - Bhubaneswar Buzz".
- "VSSUT's rocket record". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- News, OmmCom (28 January 2019). "PM Modi Lauds VSSUT Students for indigenous sounding rockets". OmmCom News.
- "Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology - VSSUT". vssut.ac.in. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- "NIRF Rankings 2020". NIRF India, MHRD. 5 April 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.