|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Veeraghattam is located near the Vatttigedda river. It has an average elevatioof 83 metres (272 ft).
As of 2011[update] census, Veeraghattam had a population of 14,315. The total population constitute, 6,911 males and 7,404 females —a sex ratio of 1071 females per 1000 males. 1,427 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 741 are boys and 686 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 70.89% with 8,638 literates, significantly higher than the district average of 61.70%. Owing to the tropical climate, agriculture and small scale business is the major occupation of the maximum population. There is no railway transport to this location , the nearest railway station is Parvatipuram at a distance of 27 km.
- Kodi Rammurthy
- Karri Narayana Rao, member of 4th and 5th Lok Sabha representing Bobbili, was born in Santha Narsipuram village.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Srikakulam district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "CHAPTER 2 DEMOGRAPHY" (PDF). Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Biography of K. Narayana Rao at Lok Sabha website