||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Maaveeran Sundharalinga Kudumbanar|
|Father||Pandiyan Kattana Karuppanan|
Fight against british
He was a general of the Poligar Veerapandiya Kattabomman in his fight against the British East India Company. According to a majority of the accepted historical accounts, he was killed in 1799, while fighting for Kattabomman during the First Polygar War. Another view is that he was killed in the Second Polygar War (1800-1) while assisting Kattabomman's younger brother Oomaithurai.
In recent years Maveeram Sundaralinga Kudumbanar has been claimed as cultural icon of Devendrakula Velalar who moslty living 19 districts of south Tamil Nadu. In 2009, the Tamil Nadu government-issued a policy note to build a memorial for Sundaralingam at Governagiri.
- "Fear, hatred haunts violence-hit southern districts of TN". Rediff. 30 June 1997. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Tamil Nadu Budget Speech 2010". Government of Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "பூலித்தேவன்: அண்ணன் மு.க....தொடர்ச்சி". Sify. 26 November 2007. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Smita Narula (1999). Broken people: caste violence against India's "untouchables". Human Rights Watch. p. 84. ISBN 9781564322289.
- "Policy note on Information and Publicity" (PDF). Government of Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 29 March 2010.