|Categories||Vegetarian & Vegan lifestyle|
|Frequency||6 editions annually (bi-monthly)|
|Year founded||2000 (newspaper) |
|Based in||San Francisco|
VegNews is an American magazine that publishes content about and relating to veganism, including news, health information, recipes, global events, vegan products, media, and more.
History and profile
It was founded in 2000 as a newspaper, and transitioned to full-color glossy magazine in 2004. The magazine is published on a bi-monthly basis. VegNews is owned by Fresh Healthy Media, LLC, a company devoted to promoting the vegan lifestyle which is owned and operated by VegNews’ co-founder and publisher Colleen Holland. Joe Connelly is the other co-founder.
VegNews won an award for Best Niche Consumer Lifestyle Magazine in 2013.
- "VegNews Staff". VegNews. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- VegNews. March/April 2013, p. 93
- "Five Vegetarian Magazines". Answers.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Brute Force Takeover of VegNews Magazine". Eat Drink Politics. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- "2013 Nichee Magazine Award Winners Announced!". February 19, 2013. Archived from the original on September 18, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
Best Niche Consumer Lifestyle Magazine: VegNews. Our judges' comment after reviewing this vegan lifestyle magazine: 'they do everything right.'[dead link]
- "VegNews Magazine - Magazine Advertising Costs". Gaebler Ventures. River Forest, Illinois. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
|This health magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.