||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Dysautonomia. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2014.|
Vegetative-vascular dystonia is a type of dystonia. It shares common features with several autonomic dysfunctions, such as orthostatic hypotension and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. These features include orthostatic intolerance and vasovagal response. Vegetative-vascular dystonia also has considerable overlap with other medical diagnoses, including posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and somatoform disorder. However, it is not formally recognized in existing ICD-9 and ICD-10 disease classification systems.
The closest analogue is autonomic dysfunction and mitral valve prolapse syndrome.
Characterization of vegetative-vascular dystonia in Western medical literature is limited. However, this disorder has been characterized extensively in Russian medical literature. Until recently, the (Russian) vegetative-vascular dystonia page incorrectly linked to Da Costa's syndrome via Wikidata. However, a thorough description of this dystonia requires complete translation of the Russian page into English and expansion of this English page on the subject.
- Loganovsky, Konstantin (1999). "Vegetative-Vascular Dystonia and Osteoalgetic Syndrome or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a Characteristic After-Effect of Radioecological Disaster". Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 7 (3): 3–16. doi:10.1300/J092v07n03_02.
- Ivanova, ES; Mukharliamov, FIu; Razumov, AN; Uianaeva, AI (2008). "State-of-the-art corrective and diagnostic technologies in medical rehabilitation of patients with vegetative vascular dystonia". Voprosy kurortologii, fizioterapii, i lechebnoi fizicheskoi kultury (1): 4–7. PMID 18376477.
- Malysheva, OA; Shirinskiĭ, VS (1998). "Seasonal changes of secondary immunodeficiency in patients with vascular dystonia". Klinicheskaia meditsina 76 (5): 34–6. PMID 9644934.
- Lobzin, VS; Poliakova, LA; Shiman, AG; Zavodnik, AI (1989). "Treatment of autonomic vascular dystonia by combined physiotherapy methods". Vrachebnoe delo (3): 22–3. PMID 2750110.
- Solov'Eva, AD; Kolosova, OA; Loseva, MM; Mindlina, GE; Ginzburg, LI (1985). "Thermography in healthy subjects and in the syndrome of vegetative-vascular dystonia". Zhurnal nevropatologii i psikhiatrii imeni S.S. Korsakova 85 (6): 905–10. PMID 4024817.
- Isaev, DN; Efremov, KD (1983). "Psychogenic factors participating in the development of vegetovascular dystonia of the hypertensive type in children". Zhurnal nevropatologii i psikhiatrii imeni S.S. Korsakova 83 (10): 1548–52. PMID 6659792.
|This article about a medical condition affecting the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|