Veguita, New Mexico
|Veguita, New Mexico|
|• Total||0.836 sq mi (2.17 km2)|
|• Land||0.836 sq mi (2.17 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,783 ft (1,458 m)|
|• Density||280/sq mi (110/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||923713|
Veguita is a census-designated place in Socorro County, New Mexico, United States. Its population was 232 as of the 2010 census. Veguita has a post office with ZIP code 87062. New Mexico State Road 304 passes through the community. Its current District Commissioner is Martha Salas. Veguita has two independent Christian churches, Chihuahua Bible Chapel, and Iglesia Evangelica "Camino De Fe", which share facilities on Carlos Martinez Road. One community fixture is "Veguita Trading Post" which has a fueling station, and provides commodities. There also is the Mission Church of the Catholic Diocese. In 2015, the Veguita community welcomed KVNM-LP 101.1 FM, one of two low power FM Radio Stations in Socorro County. Veguita is the home of iDea Ministries, which is the owner-operator of KVNM, and produces "Jazz, Power, & The Glory!" , an international media stream with a world-wide audience.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Veguita". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
|This New Mexico state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|