|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Map of Punjab with Vehari District highlighted
|• Total||4,364 km2 (1,685 sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
and 3 subtehsils:
The district was created on 1 July 1976 out of the three tehsils of Multan District (Vehari, Burewala and Mailsi). The name Vehari means low-lying settlement by a flood water channel. The district lies along the right bank of the river Sutlej, which forms its southern boundary.
The total area of the district is 4,364 square kilometres (1,685 sq mi). It is about 93 kilometres (58 mi) in length and approximately 47 kilometres (29 mi) in breadth and it is sloping gently from northeast to southwest.
- Waqar Younis, cricketer.
- Mohammed Irfan, tallest cricketer in the world
- Ch. Nazir Ahmed Jatt, politician
- Adnan Haider Randhawa, lawyer
- Tufail Mohammad of Punjab Regiment (Pakistan), Recipient of Nishan-e-Haider
- 1998 District Census report of Vehari. Census publication. 69. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Vehari - Government of Pakistan
- The census report has "mother tongue", defined as the language of communication between parents and children.