Vehicular Security Center
|Vehicular Security Center|
Location within New York City
|Status||Complete, but not in use|
|Location||150 Liberty Street
Manhattan, New York City, United States 10048
|Opened||2017(Liberty Park completed)|
($710 million in 2017 dollars)
|Owner||Port Authority of New York and New Jersey|
|Height||25 ft (7.6 m) (above street-level)|
The World Trade Center Vehicle Security Center and Tour Bus Parking Facility, or simply the Vehicular Security Center (VSC), is a secure complex for truck delivery and underground parking at the World Trade Center. The entrance to the VSC will be located at street-level along the southern-edge of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum on Liberty Street. The VSC will be connected via underground tunnels that feed the entire 16-acre (65,000 m2) WTC complex, linking the security checkpoint at its entrance with the buildings and services at the complex requiring vehicular services. Underground garages will provide parking for employees, visitors, and tour buses. The underground complex and the checkpoint is completed, but it has not yet opened due to the ongoing construction of the WTC. It will open once the surrounding construction of the WTC is finished.
Liberty Park, an elevated 1-acre (4,000 m2) park, is on the roof of the VSC. St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, which was destroyed during the September 11 attacks, will also be rebuilt in Liberty Park above the VSC.
Five World Trade Center was planned to be built adjacent to the southern edge of the VSC and Liberty Park, on the site of the former Deutsche Bank Building. As of 2014, the Port Authority does not plan to proceed with construction of the building until tenants are found.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- "Port Authority Board Awards Major Contract to Bring WTC Vehicle Security Center to Street Level". Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "How to Terror-Proof the New World Trade Center". Gizmodo. 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "World Trade Center Construction Fact Sheets - August 2011" (PDF). Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "Elevated Park at Trade Center Site Comes Into View". New York Times. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- Rosenfield, Karissa (2013-11-26). "Elevated Park Planned for World Trade Center". ArchDaily. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "Liberty Park Funding Approved by Port Authority". Curbed NY. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "10 Years After 9/11, Deutsche Bank Tower Vanishes". New York Times. 2011-01-12. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "World Trade Center museum deal may lead to land sale: sources". Reuters. 2012-09-12. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
|Rebuilding of the
World Trade Center
Vehicular Security Center